Awkward backyard build

Yes definitely.
Updated Umbrella Links/Info

I purchased "Sundale 10ft Tilting Market Umbrella" - like these
So far they are 2 years old and holding up - I bought them for $45 each with free shipping in 2017.

They aren't super high quality like the more expensive ones Treasure Garden ones sold at most outdoor furniture stores - but they are better than the cheap ones I have bought in the past at Lowes or Home Depot which barely last a season. The Sundale versions I bought did fade a bit pretty quickly - unlike my older Treasure Garden ones that have much better Sunbrella fabric and even after 6+ years still haven't faded much at all.

Here is a link similar to the type I have (ebay link) There are a several companies that seem to sell these.

I did a couple of searches on ebay - I filtered for USA Only
1: tilting market umbrella aluminum
2: sundale umbrella

I also see these Sundale umbrellas on Amazon - which gives you some reviews and other links to other sizes and options.

Since my cheapo umbrellas are often sitting in the pool and moved around the pool deck to different places frequently I didn't want to spend too much, and replacing them after a few seasons isn't too painful.

I also have a decent umbrella I bought from Costco - this is the time of year they have them in stock, around here anyways.

There are also some ebay sellers who have umbrellas for sale with Sunbrella fabric which would probably be nicer than the cheaper ones I have - if they really are Sunbrella then they will be less likely to fade - if that is a concern for you then you might consider purchasing one of these - ebay link

Last edited:
We had power lines as well, but were JUST far enough away to build anyway. I'm on a triangle shaped lot. I WISH I had your budget! Lot prep alone killed me. But I love how compact everything is. I added about $1000 of deck at the VERY last minute. Thank God I did.

Attachments

• Nw Deck.jpg
    Nw Deck.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Pre-Finished Pool.jpg
    Pre-Finished Pool.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 95
I WISH I had your budget!

Pool itself with extra decking added last minute was $33,450. Prep costs (Moving power under ground, moving A/C, elevation survey, form survey, pest treatment) were probably another $4,000. I'll likely end up spending around $1,000 on sod, not going to resod everything, but definitely around the pool, and then seed the rest. Honestly I think compared to most my budget is on the low side....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool itself with extra decking added last minute was $33,450. Prep costs (Moving power under ground, moving A/C, elevation survey, form survey, pest treatment) were probably another $4,000. I'll likely end up spending around $1,000 on sod, not going to resod everything, but definitely around the pool, and then seed the rest. Honestly I think compared to most my budget is on the low side....
I agree completely. You did a great job keeping costs down. What is the actual size of the pool?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.