Autopilot Digital Nano - Low Cell Volts

Rogers877

Jun 15, 2019
Florida
TFP Team,

This weekend I got a Low Cell Volts warning on my Autopilot Digital Nano, 1 V and 5 Amps....I was prepared for the eventual failure of the original salt cell which has lasted me an amazing 7 years! .....I had a backup salt cell unit available.... Iso installed the new cell and the volts started at 15 V 5 A and everything seemed ok.

A few minutes later I went to check on the unit and I noticed the low voltage warning had come back. I am scratching my head on this one.

We have had a lot of rain of late - salt was reading 3400 with my manual test but Digital Nano was reading 2800 - to be safe I dumped in additional salt to raise to 4000 ppm...still have the same problem.

Any ideas on this before I call pool repair? Not sure if there is anything else i need to do with the unit.

Dude

Thanks - I dropped a note to saltpoolguys and will see what they say. Troubleshooting doesn't describe an action for low volts + normal amps. From my past exchanges with AutoPilot they warned me that if this ever happened it would likely be the salt cell (which is why I bought an extra one).

Will advise the group on what resolution I get here.

For the record - power board went bad and that was the cause of the low volts /normal amps. I pulled the old one and part of the circuitry seemed burned. Three years doesnt seem like a very long life to me but what do I know.

Replacement board having its own issues - working with SP guys to see if they can help remedy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.