Jun 4, 2020
Denver, CO
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
Thanks ahead of time for any help as I am very new to this.

I recently installed a connection from my pump to my jet pump to keep water running through the jet pump in the winter and prevent freezing.

My pool has a built in spa. I run the spa on a schedule a few times a day in the winter to keep the water in those pipes from freezing.

With the new connection to the jet pump when the pool goes into spa mode it drains water from the spa into the pool as the connection is the path a least resistance. I have tried adjusting the ball vales for the jet pump connection and the pool/spa returns as well as the pump speeds to get things balanced to no avail.

I believe I need another valve and actuator on the connection to the jet pump so that when in spa mode this circuit closes.

Are there a maximum number of actuators certain sets will allow? Can I daisy chain to hook the additional actuators in seriesIMG_3958.JPG

Can you complete your signature to include all your equipment? It looks like you have EasyTouch w/ ScreenLogic? Do you also have a heater and Intelliflo? The other is a Speck pump for a BADU SwimJet. The EasyTouch can support up to four valve actuators.

Last edited:
Thanks ahead of time for any help as I am very new to this.

I recently installed a connection from my pump to my jet pump to keep water running through the jet pump in the winter and prevent freezing.

My pool has a built in spa. I run the spa on a schedule a few times a day in the winter to keep the water in those pipes from freezing.

With the new connection to the jet pump when the pool goes into spa mode it drains water from the spa into the pool as the connection is the path a least resistance. I have tried adjusting the ball vales for the jet pump connection and the pool/spa returns as well as the pump speeds to get things balanced to no avail.

I believe I need another valve and actuator on the connection to the jet pump so that when in spa mode this circuit closes.

Are there a maximum number of actuators certain sets will allow? Can I daisy chain to hook the additional actuators in seriesView attachment 459067
Unless you are using that Speck pump in the Winter, it would be better to just drain it and save yourself the trouble.

From their FAQ page under Can I winterize the system itself?
We offer winter cover kits for the BaduStream II, BaduJet super-sport and the BaduJet Imperial. The pool will need to be drained below the jets, then blow the lines out. Then install the winter covers and fill the pool to the normal level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.