Automatic Liquid Chlorinator

Ddinneb

Feb 10, 2020
Sylvania Ohio
I would like some suggestions about a way to help maintain a balance during a 2-4 day absence. My UV system coupled with “Target Zero” yields a nice chemically balanced system except when I leave. I test the chemical balance daily and usually have to add 20 oz liquid cl and once in awhile Muriatic acid. It is the cl that causes issues.

"D", welcome to TFP! :wave: Your water balance shouldn't change much in just a few days since I suspect that water is still quite cold. Check/adjust the pH one last time before you go. FC consumption should be very low. Here at TFP we reference the FC/CYA Levels (among other products) to help keep the FC at the optimum level. So if you know your true CYA level, you can balance the FC to that ideal mark or go slightly higher than the daily target value if you think that's need. But the FC should hold very well in cold water. As for the UV product ... that's another discussion for another thread. :) Hope that helps. Have a great day.
ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Test Kits Compared

Oh, don't forget to update your signature!

Welcome to TFP!

I’m going to guess you have an indoor pool here, but you need to fill us in on your details so we can help you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.