Central Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm in the process of finalizing the equipment of our pool build, and have decided against SWG due to a lot of soft natural stone being used around our pool, and the fact our PB won't honor decking, coping, waterfall, etc ... warranties if we go with SWG. Of course, the PB wants to install a standard inline chlorinator for use with pucks ... but, I'd prefer to maintain the chemistry with liquid chlorine.

In searching for automation methods, I came across this 15 gal Hayward unit. The equipment being spec'ed for my build is Pentair (IntelliTouch or EasyTouch .. haven't decided yet), but from what I'm reading, it shouldn't be a problem to use the Hayward unit with the Pentair controller.

Liquid Feed Systems | Sanitizers | In Ground Pool Sanitizers - Hayward Pool Products

I completely understand any automated delivery system will still require testing and proper maintenance for water chemistry, and I'm good with that. What I was hoping is that a liquid chlorine inline injector could be used to make it a bit easier to adjust and have a steady flow of liquid chlorine into the pool.

Is this Hayward unit the only option with a decent sized tank to hold the liquid chlorine? I can't seem to find other options ....

These are more popular:

Stenner Chlorine Injection

And then there are these:

Liquidator

Lastly there are DIY units:

Reactions: Mdragger88
These are more popular:

Stenner Chlorine Injection

And then there are these:

Liquidator

Lastly there are DIY units:

Thanks! I saw the Liquidator, but wondered if the reservoir was large enough to be worth it. I thought maybe the Hayward unit would hold more LQ and require less attention once the pool has been stabilized.

Search for Stenner on this site and you'll find many DIY installs and how they were accomplished. It was pretty straight forward and easy. You are right in doing your homework. I integrated it into an EasyTouch 8 system and everything I learned and accomplished I found right here on TFP.

My install - Stenner install - Pentair ET8

Hi all,

Please find attached the spec sheets which may help in deciding which pump and tank combo. You are always welcome to contact us here.

Attachments

• Classic Single Head Fixed Spec Sheet.pdf
    292.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Stenner Tank System and Tank Spec Sheet.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jmb
The Hayward unit is the same style of pump system as the Stenner... I think that you would be happy with either one.

Thanks ... One thing I was thinking about, is how the Liquidator maintains a chlorine bed under a volume of pool water, and causes solids to collect at the bottom of the bin; which must then be emptied on a regular basis (3-6 months maybe??).

Where with a Stenner pump (or the Hayward solution), the liquid chlorine is kept in a reservoir by itself, and injected as needed. So the 1st time it comes in contact with pool water is when it's injected into the pool directly.

Does the Stenner/Hayward solution introduce more total dissolved solids (TDS) into the pool over time, where the Liquidator solution limits it? I can only think the fact you have to remove the solids from the Liquidator tank on a regular basis, that it would result in less TDS being introduced into the pool itself.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Salt, CYA and CH are part of TDS. We dont measure TDS. Dont worry about TDS concept. Just test with Test Kits Compared. Please fill in your signature with your pool specs and equipment so we can help you better. I would pick the intellicenter.

Thanks ... I actually don't have a pool yet, so not sure what to put in my signature? I'm evaluating proposals from companies, and learning about the different options.

So the solids which collect at the bottom of the Liquidator ... is that calcium?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.