Hello, I recently had to remove my pool deck and found I have a unused 1 inch line that used to run a pressure pool cleaner. Since the line is already in the wall of the in ground pool I would like to make it an auto fill. The line goes up from the pool wall then does a 90 right below the waterline. I am unable to get to the line as it’s in the concrete of the pool wall. With this I am unable to have a straight equalizer line to the auto fill. Since it comes up does this mean it will not work for what I am trying to do? It’s my understanding that you need a straight equalizer so you don’t get an air pocket for the leveler to work. Any advise.

Boatfevor, do you have pictures?
If you have enough pipe play if you removed the 90 at the waterline you could put a poolmeiser auto fill in they are often times plumbed with 1 90(the one that’s probably encased in concrete that makes the pipe run up to the waterline). 2 90s you are risking trapped air and an auto fill that does nothing.

View attachment 369182View attachment 369183
I should have included the photos to begin with my bad…..I think I have no other options only to run it as an irrigation zone or buy the fancy 500 auto leveler. With it being stubbed out of the concrete I think I am SOL
I fill my pool with a pipe connected to my irrigation system. Simple, inexpensive, and reliable. I think you'll like it.

Reactions: Poolbreh
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.