Audio planning

Thats the truth...in my searches I've seen quite a few oddly similar looking products for many times the cost. If I had a resort or some high-end entertaining area I'd look to one of the the more expensive options but for a yard where the speakers will be kicked like a field goal football, wires crewed by the dog and little girls dancing on top of the subwoofers, this will do just fine.

My total investment was just over $1000 for the Sonos Amp, speaker wire, 2 subwoofers and 4 satelites. The Amp was almost 3/4 of the cost but I guess thats probably how it should be

What made you decide to get a 2nd subwoofer+another pair of satellites instead of just extra satellites? I'm going to order these...was thinking I'd just get an extra pair of satellites but now wondering about the 2nd subwoofer.

My son gave me a sonarray system with a heos. I got it installed... 8 satellite speakers and a mushroom subwoofer.. It sounds amazing... on par with the best sound systems/ home theater I have enjoyed in life. The amplifier also has a second channel i could do it all over with again If I had room in the yard.. (I may install the second system in the rose garden my wife enjoys in the mornings). I really recommend the sonarray system with their amp and a heos system....

My son gave me a sonarray system with a heos. I got it installed... 8 satellite speakers and a mushroom subwoofer.. It sounds amazing... on par with the best sound systems/ home theater I have enjoyed in life. The amplifier also has a second channel i could do it all over with again If I had room in the yard.. (I may install the second system in the rose garden my wife enjoys in the mornings). I really recommend the sonarray system with their amp and a heos system....
That's an amazing gift!!!

Is there a Heos amp or are you using their receiver?

If you're worried about disturbing the neighbors then you'll want directional speakers.

I have two of the Monoprice Sycamore 2.1"s and I am quite pleased with the volume I can have in my backyard and not be heard in the neighbor's yards.

To solidify the deal, an in-ground sub and two satellites are $200. I'm driving the system with a Sonos Amp...1/3 the price of Sonance for everything with seamless integration to the outdoor tv or the music service of your choice... if you were normal and actually into music?

Wait u mean 10th of the price. Lol. Only one more is the triad setup.

I still haven’t bought my nuvo sats. I have been putting it off. I got to run all my conduit still.

I got to get my grass replanted or my neighbors are going to never talk to me again. I did kill all the weeds yesterday though. Figured it’s the least I can do. Lol. I don’t see the side of my yard anymore with the pool house blocking it now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you're worried about disturbing the neighbors then you'll want directional speakers.

I have two of the Monoprice Sycamore 2.1"s and I am quite pleased with the volume I can have in my backyard and not be heard in the neighbor's yards.

To solidify the deal, an in-ground sub and two satellites are $200. I'm driving the system with a Sonos Amp...1/3 the price of Sonance for everything with seamless integration to the outdoor tv or the music service of your choice... if you were normal and actually into music?
How do you power the sub? Are you using the new Sonos amp or the connect:amp? How many sub's and satellites? Id like to run two speakers to a covered TV area, two speakers on my patio, and then do 4-6 of those landscape speakers across yard on other side of pool and am struggling to figure out how to put this puzzle together. I'd love to do it all with one Sonos amp but I think might need two. Can you elaborate on your setup?

The sonos amp has 2 channels at 125W. I ran a 4 conductor wire to the sub where there's a crossover that sends anything over 200db to the two satellites. Since I have 2 of the 2.1 systems I have them wired in parallel per Jim's recommendation.

For what you're looking to do you'll need 2 Sonos Amps and they're not cheap at $600 apiece. It's hard to beat the simplicity and the zoning capabilities with them though.

I swore I'd never be a Sonos guy but I have 3 Amps and 10 speakers now so I guess I am a Sonos guy.

I wouldn't hesitate to get the monoprice system again.

My Sonarray are directional speakers.. I have 4 speakers on the patio and 4 speakers on the pool... With the subwoofer buried about 2 feet from the pool... Awesome sound.. I have a large lot and can crank the speakers to max and it is barely distinguishable at the property line... I Love it... 11 PM floating to Powderfinger by Neil Young and no one hears it but me !!!

My Sonarray are directional speakers.. I have 4 speakers on the patio and 4 speakers on the pool... With the subwoofer buried about 2 feet from the pool... Awesome sound.. I have a large lot and can crank the speakers to max and it is barely distinguishable at the property line... I Love it... 11 PM floating to Powderfinger by Neil Young and no one hears it but me !!!
Hopefully they can't see you either:

11PM +Powderfinger + pool=Naked for sure

The sonos amp has 2 channels at 125W. I ran a 4 conductor wire to the sub where there's a crossover that sends anything over 200db to the two satellites. Since I have 2 of the 2.1 systems I have them wired in parallel per Jim's recommendation.

For what you're looking to do you'll need 2 Sonos Amps and they're not cheap at $600 apiece. It's hard to beat the simplicity and the zoning capabilities with them though.

I swore I'd never be a Sonos guy but I have 3 Amps and 10 speakers now so I guess I am a Sonos guy.

I wouldn't hesitate to get the monoprice system again.
Thank you for the details, this is helpful. Yes the Sonos brings it with the zoning set up and I'm trying to figure out if I can build something without having to buy two amps. I'm wondering if something like this will help me create zones with one amp and just hook up volume controls in the pavilion area SSVC6 Pair Speaker Selector Volume Control Single Source $149 Free Shipping.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.