Audio planning

Yamaha receiver in my outdoor kitchen, connected via WiFi (MusicCast) to my router and AW6500 wired speakers around the pool. Streaming via the app...amazing! Can control sound A/B zones etc.
Roy, which Yamaha receiver do you have? I’m also looking at Yamaha. Thanks

Reactions: Teenwolf74
Mine is a TSR-5830, probably a bit of an overkill, but any of the wifi recievers with MusicCast will work....mine is actually in my outdoor kitchen by the pool..

Attachments

• IMG_0470.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg
    675.4 KB · Views: 66
Mine is a TSR-5830, probably a bit of an overkill, but any of the wifi recievers with MusicCast will work....mine is actually in my outdoor kitchen by the pool..
Wow Roy, you have a very nice outdoor kitchen.
Thank you for the model#.
Joe

I have the Polk atrium on my patio. Polk in-ceiling on my outdoor covered kitchen and I have two of these next to my sports court (hidden in the landscape) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FLY7NWS/
The TIC outdoor speakers are okay but not great.

The Polk speakers are great. Everything is powered with sonos. I have ceiling speakers in my kitchen, living room and family room. Playbars in the master bedroom and the family room.

I really like the sonos setup, probably one of the best investments I've made. Lots of backyard parties around the pool.
PXL_20201018_024951733.jpg

Reactions: Gladius Nova
I have the Polk atrium on my patio. Polk in-ceiling on my outdoor covered kitchen and I have two of these next to my sports court (hidden in the landscape) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FLY7NWS/
The TIC outdoor speakers are okay but not great.

The Polk speakers are great. Everything is powered with sonos. I have ceiling speakers in my kitchen, living room and family room. Playbars in the master bedroom and the family room.

I really like the sonos setup, probably one of the best investments I've made. Lots of backyard parties around the pool.
View attachment 316778
Wow! You have a nice setup ParB. How many channels do you have running all those speakers?

Any update on your installs? I have the monoprice sycamore 2.1 sub with 4 satellites. I haven't bought the amp/receiver yet, but was looking at the Yamaha R-N303 (backordered) with bluetooth and musicast that I can control via alexa or phone. Do you have the satellites all pointed towards your house at the back and sides of the pool? Where did you put the sub (s)?

Any update on your installs? I have the monoprice sycamore 2.1 sub with 4 satellites. I haven't bought the amp/receiver yet, but was looking at the Yamaha R-N303 (backordered) with bluetooth and musicast that I can control via alexa or phone. Do you have the satellites all pointed towards your house at the back and sides of the pool? Where did you put the sub (s)?
Here is a video of my speaker locations. Video I went with the monoprice amps and an echo input (no longer available). System sounds great, and survived the winter with no issues.

Here is a video of my speaker locations. Video I went with the monoprice amps and an echo input (no longer available). System sounds great, and survived the winter with no issues.
Very nice setup Cephrael. How many amps did you use to run the 8.2?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I looked at all of those options listed above and settled on a less expensive system using some simple Polk Audio Atrium speakers and a small class D amp...
Same setup.
Polk Audio Atrium speakers, a Chromecast Audio device (now discontinued, but AudioCast is practically identical), and a $25 Lepy amp off Amazon. We stream the tunes wirelessly from a smartphone. We run 2 sets of Polks off the same amp for different decks, and I used an old stereo volume control so we can turn down the volume on the "dining deck" while the music blasts poolside.

I missed your question. I run 3 sonos connect coupled to a 6 channel amp in the house + 2 playbars and one sub. Outside I run 3 sonos amps. All hardwired. Works really well.
Thats an awesome set up you have there.

Thats an awesome set up you have there.
Honestly, in the wall and outdoor sonos came with the house when I bought it. I switched a couple amps to gen 2, replaced the outdoor speaker that looks like a rock and added a sub.

One sonos connect broke in the spring, ordered a replacement as an exchange (which is a good deal with sonos, they really got a decent service program).

Highly recommended. I really love linking Spotify playlist to my sonos and group rooms/areas together. Works like a charm and great for parties where people move around. Especially around the pool, the patio and sports court.

Reactions: Aquaman7
Yeah I figured why not... I've be impressed so far. The sub is much bigger than expected and seems to be built well. Hopefully I'll have it hooked up soon

I'll have the sub plus 4 array speakers in addition to 4 ceiling flush mount polks under the patio. I'm just looking for good coverage at the lowest volume... goes keep the neighbors happy
Sorry for replying to such an old post... but how did you tie in your patio speakers with these monoprice speakers? And how do you like the monoprice speakers?

I have two existing speakers on my patio, which run through a volume control knob on the patio back into the living room where my stereo is. I was thinking about trying to extend one of the patio wires back down to the sub. But now I'm thinking maybe I'm better off finding another way to route additional speaker wires directly from the stereo to outside so I can bypass the volume control knob.

Sorry for replying to such an old post... but how did you tie in your patio speakers with these monoprice speakers? And how do you like the monoprice speakers?

I have two existing speakers on my patio, which run through a volume control knob on the patio back into the living room where my stereo is. I was thinking about trying to extend one of the patio wires back down to the sub. But now I'm thinking maybe I'm better off finding another way to route additional speaker wires directly from the stereo to outside so I can bypass the volume control knob.
I used two Alexa devices as sources and created a group in the app. So I just ask Alexa to play music on the outside group and it comes over both sets of speakers.

I really am enjoying the speakers. They’ve held up pretty well over the winter, despite being buried in snow once. The sound is surprisingly good compared to others like Sonance. And for the cost, it’s great value to quality. Also, if a speaker dies it’s only about $25 to replace a pair instead of a couple hundred.

Reactions: Jerz
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.