Oct 10, 2018
Fresno CA
My readings today are as follows:
TA: Between 80-90ppm
pH: 7.8
CYA: 50
CH: 240
FC: 4.0ppm
Not sure of what the temperature is. I calculate my CSI to be a little around zero. My question is, is the pH okay at this reading of 7.8 or should I bring it down to around 7.6 I which will bring my CSI a little below zero. Isn't pH range between 7.2-7.8? I am on the high end of the scale. My pH changes by 0.2ppm every day and I don't want it to go too high. I entered my signature already but don't know if it is showing up.

Let your pH rise to 8 and then lower to 7.6. In time your TA will settle and you should be able to leave your pH at 7.8 or 8 during the winter when you are not adding much or any fill water.

Do you have the TA, pH, and CH of your fill water?

Those are the readings of my fill water before adding the necessary chemicals. Its been weeks since that took place. My water has been good. However my TA was as high as 120 at one time I am using 12% bleach and as such my pH kept climbing around 0.2 ppm daily. Little by little it went down to between 80-90 from adding muriatic acid to keep ph where it should be (I kept it at 7.5) As the weather gets colder should I keep a higher pH?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.