AquaRite T15 salt cell replacement

Possibly a conflict of interest if they sell to Hayward.

Hopefully, they're honest, but anything can be faked. I doubt that they would create a completely fake report.

I would suspect that the report would
be available on request should you wish to review the test results.

I imagine that CompuPool would stop the claims if they were not accurate.

Before someone like Hayward would make a claim like that, they're going to run it by legal and the lawyers would want evidence that's unassailable.

I considered a generic brand however I purchased a new Hayward t-15 cell from Pool Supply World last year. I got 7 years out of my original cell so I figured I should go back with the OEM :cheers:

Does anyone on here have any experience with the generic version of the T15 salt cell? They are much cheaper. Are they any good or should I just spend more and get the AquaRite brand?

I considered a generic brand however I purchased a new Hayward t-15 cell from Pool Supply World last year. I got 7 years out of my original cell so I figured I should go back with the OEM :cheers:
Their current price is $458.99 (some have it cheaper).
$459/7 years makes your cost of chlorine $65.57 per year. Hard to complain about that. Good reason to stick with the genuine one vs genaric knock-off.

I used a see through blue knock off t15 and it worked fine for chlorine generation however the plastic used on the screw threads became brittle in two years and snapped off during normal unscrewing to clean the cell. I suspect a particular hard freeze in North Texas this year caused that. I bought another. The cost per unit makes 2 year operation worth it. Just my 2 pennies

Shop around. I replaced mine with an OEM T15 last year for $375 shipped. The old one I'm pretty sure was 11 years old, wife says 12, whichever I started getting spastic readings. Just replaced it, way overdue. Kept it as backup. Since turning to TFP method, cell is turned down and not being used much more above 45%, it will last much longer.

SWG Cells should be sized to twice your pool size. T-3 is for up to 15,000 gallons and is insufficient for pool your size. The T-15 you had is sized for up to 40,000 gallons, so you'll essentially need to triple the run time of your SWG to generate the same amount of chlorine.

You can use T-9, it is sized for up to 25,000 gallons. That's probably a reasonable compromise given your pool size. My pool is slightly larger than yours and I have the T-9 cell. I run my SWG at 50-60% in the summer with pump running for 10-12 hours. As comparison, with T-3 it would have be at 100% (constantly on) and pump would probably have to run slightly longer. This will exhaust your cell much sooner and cost you more to run your pump.

I have an 8500gallon pool and was sold the T3 initially and it lasted 2 yrs. I then upgraded with the warranty to the T9 and ran it mostly at 50% and 5yrs 7months later it is still going but slowly dying. The T3 is way too small. I will now upgrade to a T15 and run at 30%. I looked up generics and plan to stick with the T15 from Amazon at $422 shipped 3yr warranty. Too many issues with these generics failing often and not able to claim the warranty. Stay away from 4saltpools.com. I read many of the complaints from the BBB.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My neighbor had a Compupool T-15 replacement cell and it lasted 4 1/2 years, just got another.

All brands can act up and the prorated warranties the companies offer don't help much when your a couple of years into it.

SWG are a great thing but someone needs to make one that lasts 25 years.

And why does it display "low salt" when there is really a separate issue......

And what's with Pentair's flow switch that can last 5 months or 5 years......

And with modern science why don't they work in 55 degree water.......

And etc. etc. etc.

SWG is sooo much better than any other method of supplying chlorine, that your complaints are meaningless.

^^^^ "that your complaints are meaningless" I guess that's how progress isn't made. I highlighted the statement in #31 you must have glanced over in your haste. You must agree there are 100's of problems brought up on TFP about SWG's. Most things I have work better......

P.S. you must have also missed my signature
"I'd build a deck over my pool if I didn't have a SWG" . :crazy:

I agree cells should last longer and electronics could be better, but having a pool with and without a SWG, is night and day! I would never go back. I also never want to discourage any pool owner from going to a SWG.

I bought a generic two years ago and have had no problem with it. If I get 3-4 years out of a SWG then I’m happy and have been since 2003. Just use old one as dummy plug in winter to cut down on wear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.