Mar 1, 2013
Charlotte, USA
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hey folks,
I want to clean my salt cell on my AquaPure 1400. Do they make plugs I can use to plug each end of the salt cell once I have the muriatic acid solution inside it? It would be nice if I could screw something onto the threads to cap each end to hold the solution inside. Thank you.

This is not recommended unless you can actually see scale on the cell as it shortens the life of the cell. Cells do not need to be cleaned if your water is balanced the TFP way.

This is not recommended unless you can actually see scale on the cell as it shortens the life of the cell. Cells do not need to be cleaned if your water is balanced the TFP way.
I understand that but per the manufacturer recommendations if you do have calcium deposits, this is the way.
So back to my original question, does anyone know if they make caps I can use to keep the solution inside the cell while cleaning?

Unfortunately, I don't think Jandy sells an end cap and the threads are proprietary. Most people put the entire cell into a 5 gallon bucket and fill it most of the way with water, then add acid.

Unfortunately, I don't think Jandy sells an end cap and the threads are proprietary. Most people put the entire cell into a 5 gallon bucket and fill it most of the way with water, then add acid.
Bingo. That’s the sucky part which is why I was hoping I could just fill the cell container itself but I’ll keep looking. Thank you.

I made a cap with another threaded mount => 2" pipe => cap and it worked great. You only need one "cap", just keep it vertical and pour in the muriatic acid mixture you made in a bucket. Afterwards, you can pour out the mixture and save it for when you need it again in 3-4 years.

Jandy does make a cap, but you cannot close off both ends when cleaning because the process produces carbon dioxide gas and the cell can explode if pressure is allowed to build up and even if it does not explode, it will explosively decompress when you remove the cap.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.