Aqualuminator Pool Light

Mar 30, 2015
NC
How hard are they to install? We haven't opened the pool for the season so the water level is already below the return. The pool store quoted $299 for light and install. I am super nervous when it comes to anything liner related. We had a pool wall issue last year, had to replace the liner and added foam to the wall. We should have added foam to the bottom. :cautious: but too late for that now. If it just fits over the return that is there now, I might can handle that.

My husband installed ours and removes it each year when we winterize our pool then re-installs when we open it. I'd think if you are a "handy" person you can install it yourself and save some money.

Here is the installation manual-

I'd love to hear how well they work. So many AGP owners are seeking to add lights this is a good option.

With optional fountain!??! Wayyyyy cool!

Maddie :flower:
We have had our Pentair Aqualuminator for 6-7 years (purchased it with our pool) and have had no issues with it. We don't use it a whole lot though either.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
I'm on my third light bulb. I don't use it alot either. I believe they are sized to fit in the standard return opening. When you take the bulb out for winter you need to plug the opening. I get a rubber stopper with wing nuts and fender washers already assembled when I pick up my cover every two to three years. The part exposed to the pool tends to rust and I replace it. I also have an Aquadoor that allows me to NOT drain any water. The newer assembly works better than the old one (I just changed out the faceplate on the inside). 2nd winter and no water has passed.

I'm on my third light bulb. I don't use it alot either. I believe they are sized to fit in the standard return opening. When you take the bulb out for winter you need to plug the opening. I get a rubber stopper with wing nuts and fender washers already assembled when I pick up my cover every two to three years. The part exposed to the pool tends to rust and I replace it. I also have an Aquadoor that allows me to NOT drain any water. The newer assembly works better than the old one (I just changed out the faceplate on the inside). 2nd winter and no water has passed.
We also use an Aquadoor, can you attach a picture of the rubber stopper assembly that you use when removing your bulb assembly? We use a standard plug, I think, which has worked well enough but I'm always for new and better ways on closing our pool :) When you refer to the "face plate" that tends to rust are you referring to your skimmer face plate? Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.