Aqua Trol RJ - Control Board issues

wcraigboyd

Jul 20, 2023
Raleigh, NC
My display board was loose and somehow my entire assembly started convulsing. I took everything apart and reseated the board, but now I have a No Flow solid indicator and only AL-0 through AL-5 on my Aqua Trol RJ. I know it was previously AL-7 but I can't get past AL-5 now.

Is there a fix to regain AL-6 and AL-7? I'd hate to spend $500 on a new board without understanding why this one is acting the way it is.

Moved from here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TFP.

We have seen bricked boards with no way to fix it.

Sometimes an AquaRite will get stuck on AL-6 or AL-7 with no way to switch back and sometimes an Aquatrol will get switched to AL-0 through AL-5 with no (known) way to switch back.

Interestingly, it appears the on/off control pump control switch on the timer is also no longer working. I assume that's because it's now acting like an aqua rite board, which bypasses the timer completely. I guess that's something else I can unplug, and I guess simply add an external timer and plug both in to that.

So if I understand correctly, my options are replace the board/assembly, add a flow switch and keep what I have until it's completely dead, or switch to chlorine tabs?

Hayward knows how to switch it back.

Contact them and ask them how to switch it back.

The settings change due to a loose display board and that causes stray signals which can cause the settings to change.

If they won't tell you, ask them to send a tech to your house and change it for you.

Or, you can mail it back to Hayward and ask them to change it back.

How old is the system?

Is it still under warranty?

Last edited:
No, unfortunately inherited from the previous home owner. It's about 8 years old now. I figured there was something that would fix it, but we decided to replace the board so I could get the pool back to normal sooner. I know I probably paid for the convenience, but I'll definitely follow that advice next time.

Reactions: JamesW

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.