Anyone try the Pooli app? If so, thoughts?

It's definitely not the TFP method:

The app's minimum FC targets are too low to prevent algae growth.

The importance of CYA, and of the FC/CYA relationship, doesn't seem to be understood. CYA is treated as an undesirable chemical component that needs to be compensated for.

If FC is above the target range, they advise draining water rather than just waiting for the FC to naturally fall (or letting FC remain at that higher-than-target level).

Their TA and pH targets are incompatible -- a recipe for never-ending oscillation.

They treat test strips and pool-store testing as reliable.

I've been experimenting with the Pooli app. You can overide the target values using the TFP recommended ones and the app seems to manage to that. However, I am seeing slightly different recomendations between each app. I think Pooli is managing to the mid range of the target range, wheras Pool Math recommends the minimum amount of chemical required to be in range, whether that be on the high end or low end - am I right?

In a way, I think I'd rather the app manage to the mid point as it should (I think?) provide greater buffer from exiting the range between testing days.

I don’t wanna be in middle of target range. I like upper target or even a point or 2 higher. Pool Math works fine for me - when I need to know how much chlorine I need, I just key my target into field. Easy peasy.

Now that I finally got new stuff installed, I plan to dump in salt this weekend and dial up SWCG. And I am going to be the one in the pool brushing while my daughter lugs the salt. LOL

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.