Another Pool Build in Cypress, TX

Are you planning on using the heater for the first month? People here suggested that I not use it but the PB said I could. I wish I would have waited. I had a major scaling issue and they had to drain the entire pool and do another acid wash. I would refrain from using heat and make sure you brush it as much as you can. Two times a day for the first week at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you guys purchased your TF-100 test kit yet or are you planning to have a pool service take care of it? If you are going down the DIY route like I did, I (and the other guys in the testing and balancing forum) highly suggest the TF-100 kit (TFTestkits.net). The one that I got with the pool was very hard to distinguish different colors along the pH scale and you will be fighting pH rise for at least the first six months. I also recommend getting the speed stir.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I like the star Suzy, I think it needs to be bold, like it is wet bold, just my opinion. I'm happy for you to FINALLY be getting the finish on your pool.

Thank you, Ernie! The star is definitely bold!!

The pre-plaster field guy said the morning crews are usually at the house by 7:30. The afternoon crews usually arrive around noon. So... it's not looking like I'll get plastered this morning! Lol!!

Again I wait and convince myself it's better this way.... Like, being Monday morning, the afternoon crew will be waked up by then and back in the groove of their jobs, right?!

My son has a doctor's appointment this morning, so we can keep it. And I will be waked up and back in MY groove of the weekday!!!

Thanks for checkin' in guys and all the well wishes.

I'm surprised by this point no TFP-ers started a betting pool for when Suz would finally get pebble! :scratch:

Suz.

Note to all newbies just beginning a pool!!!! I am going to really emphasize what Kim has been saying. Be Home!!! Unless you are sure no crew is coming. But let me tell you, at least around here, they are very unpredictable. If you or someone can't be home to keep an eye on things, it would be great if you could have outdoor cameras to check when you're away (if you possibly can.). I am retired, so being home isn't a big issue. So wouldn't you know this almost caused some extra hassle for the crew here now.

Here's why I'm saying this..... We were gone only for two hours since the plaster crew didn't show by 8:30. And the last few days of last week, the landscape/decking crew didn't begin until noon or after. We just got home, and the decking guys were ready (holes dug, 4x4's mounted) to put up the other half of our breezeway fence. Which means the plaster crew would have had only a 38" opening. I don't know if that means the fence would have to come back down, but it probably would have been a PITA for the plaster people. I wanted to run a couple of more errands, but thought maybe we should check the house first! I'm soooooo glad we did.

BTW..... does anyone have recommendations for an outdoor camera system? My gold coffers are running low, so nothing too elaborate. But I think I'm ready to have something like that for many reasons.

Thanks!
Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.