Annual Complete Refill set for TF-100 on sale through March 1-21, 2021

Just saw my email about this, and this is a sweet deal, but here's a question for y'all: I had to purchase a full refill kit at the end of August last year, and I still have an ample supply. I could easily test through maybe mid-June or so with the quantity I currently have. How long are those chemicals good for? I tested my water recently and things seemed to test out OK, but of course there's no way to know if that's the case. If I get the refill deal listed in the email here at the beginning of March, how long would those chemicals be good? Would they hold me through pool season? We typically close up around mid-late Sept, depending on water temps. Thanks for the advice.

If kept dry and in a cool place, the reagents should last two years. The one that can have issues is R0870 powder. It is susceptible to moisture.

Reactions: JohnGn
Rookie member here, we finished our pool build beginning of December and I bought the Taylor K-2005 kit. Should I switch over to the TF-100 when I need refills or will this kit be fine and I can just add a few of the reagents the K-2005 doesn't have? I love the site and wish I found it sooner, I have read all kinds of great information and looking forward to learning much more! I need to add all my pool info to my signature, I will try and do that now. Thanks and happy to be in the group!

Should I switch over to the TF-100 when I need refills or will this kit be fine and I can just add a few of the reagents the K-2005 doesn't have?
Welcome to the forum.
The test kit for just FAS-DPD, which you need, is $30. So this refill would get you everything for $40. But, the pH reagent, R0014, will not work in the comparator you have in the K2005.

I would suggest you order a refill kit for a K2006. Rebecca said she still has some of those. Then when that all runs out, get a full TF test kit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Last edited:
It looks like it would be possible to make a slot and lay the 8oz CYA bottle on its skinny side, instead of the 3 bottles. That is how I have it in my current case, it's cocked at about a 30deg angle so the top is a little higher and easier to grab. I was wondering if, when you sell the case only, do you have uncut foam option, so people can arrange their chems to their liking?

It looks like it would be possible to make a slot and lay the 8oz CYA bottle on its skinny side, instead of the 3 bottles. That is how I have it in my current case, it's cocked at about a 30deg angle so the top is a little higher and easier to grab. I was wondering if, when you sell the case only, do you have uncut foam option, so people can arrange their chems to their liking?
Great suggestion regarding the insert...let me wrap my head around it, and get back. Right now, all inserts are specifically cut. Yes! You can fit the big R-0013 (8oz) In the spot where the three 2 ounce R-1003's are. With the new, smaller view tube, you need less CYA reagent (all instruments use half pool water to half CYA reagent, so 15 ml to 15 ml for the large TF-100 view tube and 7.5 ml to 7.5 ml for the TF-Pro view tube and K-2006 series)). Therefore, the Pro actually has more CYA tests. The big CYA reagent, 8 oz, adds a lot of weight and space. Also, a lot of people ask if they can fly as a carry on with the TF-100, and they can't with the 8 oz bottle...

So it sounds like the Old TFTest kit crowd can stuff their existing test stuff into this case.. then as they refill their chems, they can upgrade to the new sizes. It sounds like you are going to need two different refill kits Reg and Pro.... but I think you will quickly find every one will like the Pro. I like what I see.
Also, a lot of people ask if they can fly as a carry on with the TF-100, and they can't with the 8 oz bottle...
Good to know... So when travelling with your TFPro one should add some lipsticks and mascaras to make it look like a make up bag thingy...;)

Reactions: OTPirate
So it sounds like the Old TFTest kit crowd can stuff their existing test stuff into this case.. then as they refill their chems, they can upgrade to the new sizes
Playing my usual Ying to your Yang, I’ll let mine wind down and use the first empty bottle as an excuse to start over. Anybody using the TF method knows full well how much money the test kit saves so I imagine it will be an easy sale for those of us who don’t just run out and get one because there is a new one.

One way or another of those 3 options, there clearly is a new sheriff in town. Nice job @OTPirate !!

Yes, I will be working on a refill set for the TF-Pro this week. Not enough people have it to warrant going crazy and making a bunch of them. The Speedstir will fit in the slot that the Smart Stir resides in with a little room to spare. The sample sizer will fit under the Smart Stir BUT it doesn't work with the Smart Stir cyllinder (Waaahhh! I really wanted it to) Switching to color caps. The big thing is that the bottles will be vertical, which is HUGE to many customers.

I was looking at ordering this yesterday, along with a few other items that brought the total above $100, which I thought would trigger free shipping within the US. However, it still quoted me $12 for shipping.
I replied to the email about the offer I got, but so far no response, so I thought I'd ask here if someone else had seen the same ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.