And now the Polaris pump dies

May 8, 2016
St Paul, MN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
So yesterday, we replaced our six-year-old single speed pump with an Inteliflow variable speed motor.

Today, the pump that powers our Polaris vacuum stopped working. Went from being pretty noisy to just nothing. It's five years old.

Two questions:

1. Are these life spans normal? It feels like we spend thousands each year to replace equipment. (We had to replace our automatic cover last year, rebuild the heater the year before, replace the salt cell, etc.)
2. How much should we expect to spend to replace the vacuum pump/motor? I can't find my receipt from when we last installed it.

Kelly

I have no idea what this means. I haven't heard of robot vacuums. We spent more than $1000 on the Polaris 3900 six years ago, and that didn't include the motor. Is it really more cost-effective to replace it at this point with something else? (Which goes back to my first question. Should I really expect to send thousands each year to replace equipment, not to mention the cost of chemicals and the electricity/gas to run everything?)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.