And another DFW pool

I worked my tail off today with new trees and putting up string patio lights, but it greatly improved my view for Sunday night football.

Attachments

• Night1.jpg
    Night1.jpg
    451.7 KB · Views: 217
  • Night2.jpg
    Night2.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 220
  • Night3.jpg
    Night3.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 217
  • Night4.jpg
    Night4.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 219
  • Night5.jpg
    Night5.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 209
Very nice! My brother and sister in law brought our niece over, so we had a chance to swim (only day 2 of 'approved' swim time) and watch the Astros close out the regular season.

Trees and lighting looks awesome! Did something similar with string lights between our patio and shed. Considering wrapping a bit more around the perimeter of the yard, to help illuminate it all.

Reactions: JJ_Tex
So we got the green light to swim, and we have a few days of swimming before fall weather arrives.

We have backed off running the pump 24/7 at full blast (3400 rpm). I assume there is no magic rpm number, but I have a couple of questions:
- I was worried about a 90 degree angle right before the IC40 restricting flow. The flow light stays green until I hit 1400 RPMs, so I dont think I need to worry about the plumbing anymore. Would you agree?
- Lower than 1700 RPMs doesnt really seem to be moving much water, especially the spa overflow and water into the skimmer. Does 1800 RPMs seem like a good run speed to skim and not hurt the pocketbook too much?
- The PSI at 1800 is much lower (<10 psi) than when it was backwashed yesterday at full rpms (~22 psi). I assume I use the PSI at my normal run speed as my baseline for watching when I need to backwash?

Sounds like you will be OK on the plumbing.

You do not have to see much water flow into the skimmer for it to be skimming. If the weir door is being held down, it is skimming.
You also do not want to be running the spa spillover all the time. Best to program that to run a couple times a day for 30 minutes or so and turn it on manually when you want it. Your Intellicenter can handle all that.
Use a reasonable flow rate (1800 rpm is fine) for your base line filter pressure.

Reactions: JJ_Tex

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah, he was good. I know he was well trained by at least 1 TFP member before me and there is another member who is a few weeks away from his very own pool school.

I mainly wanted it for the backwashing instructions and equipment tutorial. I was a bit surprised that he wasnt too far out of line with TFP on most things including:
- Check your CYA before using pucks and that liquid chlorine is preferred when not using the SWCG
- If you do use pucks, use a floater or run the pump 24/7 so the acid from the puck doesnt build up in your skimmer/equipment when the pump is off
- Wait 28 days before we add salt and run the heater
- Chlorine is the best defense against algae and you should not use algecide except it specific situations

Of course he mentioned regular shocking in the summer when I had a heavy bather load, and he recommended a CYA level of <50, so he wasnt completely in lock step with TFP. Overall, it was a good experience though and a good use of my time.

Reactions: Snikwah and kimkats
5 mins after the kids got home from school.
On the truely miserable days i need about 15 seconds after work to get from the car to the pool. I work outside so im usually already soaked. Kick off my boots, throw my wallet, cell and keys on the patio table and try to splash the dang sun. Take THAT you S.O.B !!!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: kimkats and JJ_Tex
PB brought me a pool school graduation gift.

Attachments

• Dolphin1.jpg
    Dolphin1.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Dolphin2.jpg
    Dolphin2.jpg
    701.4 KB · Views: 141
  • Dolphin3.jpg
    Dolphin3.jpg
    694.8 KB · Views: 136
Reactions: Snikwah
Ha, it was "included" in the bid so I was totally expecting it. Plus you got your fancy in floor cleaning system so no need for a robot.

Ha, it was "included" in the bid so I was totally expecting it. Plus you got your fancy in floor cleaning system so no need for a robot.

Unfortunately that's not the way it turned out...still going to end up having to get a robot when the water is too cold to get in to clean up the in floor 'leftovers'...long story...wish I'd have found TFP before we were committed to the in floor....

• Sad
Reactions: kimkats
How are you liking the blue surf? It looks beautiful from the pictures you've posted so far!
We love it. When it was first filled it had a lot of green in it, but as the blue plaster has faded and been brushed away the water is a nice blue like we wanted. Here are a few pics from today to be able to see the finish at varying depths.

Attachments

• Blue Surf 2.jpg
    Blue Surf 2.jpg
    773.1 KB · Views: 183
  • Blue Surf 3.jpg
    Blue Surf 3.jpg
    654.2 KB · Views: 185
  • Blue Surf 4.jpg
    Blue Surf 4.jpg
    550.3 KB · Views: 191
  • Blue Surf.jpg
    Blue Surf.jpg
    790.9 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: pooljourneytx
And we have salt! 7 bags of Leslies salt seemed to get it right on the money of 3600. I'll set it to generate in the morning and hopefully have poured my last liquid chlorine for a while.

1571790603970.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.