And another DFW pool

The dang dog jumped down off the patio when everything was torn up and blew out his ACL. I didnt even know dogs had ACLs, but they do and they can be $$surgically repaired$$. His staples come out next week and he can lose the cone of shame. Fun stuff :)

And I totally cant wait for it to be filled. I have 2 hoses ready to go. I also borrowed a 3rd from the neighbor and am going to try and see if I can siphon water from the master bathtub into the pool. PB says 10 days to balance and cure before we can get in :(, so I'm wanting to start that clock as soon as I can while the weather still holds out.

The neighbors hose will double your production for filling. Using 3 of your own taps will probably have the same flow as 2 so while i admire the redneck bathub siphon, it wont make enough of a difference to build it.

The problem is that we only have 2 outdoor hose bibs, and I dont think he wants me tapping into his hose bib to fill my pool. Any other redneck ways to tap into an indoor faucet to fill?

Never mind, I see what you are saying. 3 total faucets will likely have the same output as 2.

Reactions: Newdude
Acid wash is complete and we are filling up. Its not what I was expecting with the hoses, but he filled it by hand for about 30 minutes for the water to get deep enough, then put the hoses on the side of the pool. I questioned him but he said "its better this way". They did a good job on the plaster, so I trust them.

When the water was deep enough, I couldnt help myself and added my redneck siphon from the master bathtub. :laughblue:

Attachments

• Fill1.jpg
    Fill1.jpg
    534 KB · Views: 182
  • Fill2.jpg
    Fill2.jpg
    708.3 KB · Views: 176
  • Haha
Reactions: Snikwah
Ha, its the 3rd hose in the pic, but here are some inside shots. I would say I'm half way full, not bad at all for 5 hours of fill time. Of course the redneck siphon only has another hour left before I have to take it down and clean up before the wife comes home. :)

Attachments

• IMG_6179.jpg
    IMG_6179.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_6180.jpg
    IMG_6180.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_6181.jpg
    IMG_6181.jpg
    775.9 KB · Views: 140
  • Haha
Reactions: shonda_gonzalez
Of course the redneck siphon only has another hour left before I have to take it down and clean up before the wife comes home. :)

Buwhahahahahahahahaha. *wife walks in*. How was your day JJ ?’ ‘Good, Good.’ *whistles suspiciously*

Reactions: JJ_Tex
No, I didnt... I meant to but then had conference calls while the guy was doing the acid wash. By the time I could go out there, he had been filling for a little while, plus my mind shifted to the the redneck siphon.

• Haha
Reactions: Snikwah

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How did you get the siphon started? See I, the wife in this house, would be the one doing this kind of thing :roll: At this point he just shakes his head and walks away glad he did not have to come up with something else to get what done what I needed done.

So what did you bribe the kid with to keep her quiet?

Kim:kim:

How did you get the siphon started?

It was easy and actually worked on the first try. I completely submerged the hose in the tub and got all of the air out. Then I just crimped the hose on the end that was going into the pool and walked it through the house until I got to the pool. Once there, I let go of the hose and it started flowing.

It came out about 1/2 the flow as the other hoses. I'm sure there is some science that I took water pressure away from the other 2 hoses by doing it and had no net effect, but it made me happy and makes a good story.

So what did you bribe the kid with to keep her quiet?
A freakin pool.

Not sure about Prosper, but where I am north of you the city can tell you exactly how much water you used on specific days (and probably specific times during the day)...that's how we figured out our volume was quite a bit less than what PB estimated.

Good idea, and yes the PB raved about your water people being able to tell exactly the volume. He said his software is bad with overestimating tanning ledges.

Well, we are finally full. Wrapped up around 3am, but I contend I would have been done before midnight if I was allowed to continue with the redneck siphon.

We also let the kids dip their toes in there before school. Shhh... dont tell PB.

Attachments

• Full1.jpg
    Full1.jpg
    466.2 KB · Views: 172
  • Full2.jpg
    Full2.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 176
  • Full3.jpg
    Full3.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 186
  • Full4.jpg
    Full4.jpg
    499.4 KB · Views: 186

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.