Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Any idea why my air blower will only work in Pool mode? I tried it out in Spa mode last night and nothing happens. The icon turns green in screen logic as if it were on but no air comes out. When I turn it on in pool mode, it starts "boiling" over the sides it pushes so much air. Is there something simple I'm overlooking?

G,

I suspect that you do not have the Aux relays plugged into the correct ports on the main board..

It is not mix and match, they actually have to plug into the correct connection.. :mrgreen:

Jim R.

Thanks Jim. How do I go about checking this and correcting it if needed?

Attachments

• CDE50C95-8A54-450B-9FBA-F94245D66059.jpeg
    CDE50C95-8A54-450B-9FBA-F94245D66059.jpeg
    539.6 KB · Views: 9
  • A9C96571-0E35-4303-BE67-D55F4B6E0B5D.jpeg
    A9C96571-0E35-4303-BE67-D55F4B6E0B5D.jpeg
    536.2 KB · Views: 9
G,

Each relay has a small two wire cable that runs from the relay to the electronics area by the main card.. You have to visually insure that the small cable from each relay goes to the correct connection.. Pump/Filter relay is connected to the Pump/Filter connection, the Aux 1 relay is connected to the Aux 1 connection, etc...

Each connection is labeled with what relay should be connected..

Thanks,

Jim R.

So I need to make sure the aux 1 is connected to the aux 1 since that’s what my blower is on? Like I said, it works in pool mode but not spa mode which to my understanding is backwards

Attachments

• BD143482-AFC9-4AF6-B0D0-BC75D82D4FA2.jpeg
    BD143482-AFC9-4AF6-B0D0-BC75D82D4FA2.jpeg
    487 KB · Views: 6
G,

The blower should work anytime you turn on Aux1.. It should not matter want mode you are in...

But because of the other problems that you are having, it makes sense to double check and make sure ALL of the relays are connected to the right ports on the main board.

Besides the SWCG transformer, what else is your Pump/Filter relay controlling.. The Line side (output) of the relay is sending voltage to two places.. One is the SWCG transformer and the other is ?????

Thanks,

Jim R.

G,

The blower should work anytime you turn on Aux1.. It should not matter want mode you are in...

But because of the other problems that you are having, it makes sense to double check and make sure ALL of the relays are connected to the right ports on the main board.

Besides the SWCG transformer, what else is your Pump/Filter relay controlling.. The Line side (output) of the relay is sending voltage to two places.. One is the SWCG transformer and the other is ?????

Thanks,

Jim R.
I mentioned it to my PB and he is sending someone to check it out. Now the blower isn't coming on at all whether pool or spa mode. Soon I will get out and trace all the wires for my own understanding though! Thanks again for the help!

G,

Thanks,

Jim R.
I did look briefly to see if what was running off the pump relay and to trace the aux leads to relays. The only going from the pump relay to the motherboard is one set of wires going to the pump/filter port. I’m not sure where the SWG transformer is. All the other aux relays were running to the appropriate ports. The only thing off was the #4 aux relay placement on the second row instead of the first like shown on the grid on the inside of the door.

Attachments

• 50FAA7B7-6B96-4A01-A230-617AA0E160B9.jpeg
    50FAA7B7-6B96-4A01-A230-617AA0E160B9.jpeg
    520.4 KB · Views: 3
G,

I am so sorry.. I somehow got your EasyTouch confused with a different one from another thread.. Let me go back and take a look and see if I can figure out your blower issue..

Your Pump/Filter relay only has power going to the SWCG transformer, just like it should..

Sorry for the confusion,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
G,

Your pump/filter relay and Aux 1 appear to be wired correctly.. What happens when you push the Aux 1 button on the EasyTouch panel.. The Spa blower should come on.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,

Jim R.

G,

Your pump/filter relay and Aux 1 appear to be wired correctly.. What happens when you push the Aux 1 button on the EasyTouch panel.. The Spa blower should come on.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,

Jim R.
I just tried it again. I turned on spa mode. Hit aux 1 and the blower turned on but nothing happens. The blower powers up but no bubbles come out. I’m not sure if it’s a coincidence but I tried dialing back the RPM on the pump and some bubbles started forming but only briefly. When I looked at the panel again, the aux 1 power light was on but the blower was not running as if it had overheated or something. I pushed the aux 1 button and the power light went off. I pushed it again and the power light turned back on but the blower never powered up. That’s basically what it has done every time I’ve tried to turn it on with the spa running. Each time I’ve tried with the spa off and pool running, it fires up and it looks like a boiling cauldron

G,

I initially thought you had an automation problem causing the blower motor to not get power.. But, based upon your post above it sounds like the blower is getting power and turning on, but something is plugging the line causing the motor to overheat.

Show us a couple of pics of your equipment pad and how the blower is connected into the plumbing.

Show us a pic of the label on the blower motor..

Thanks,

Jim R.

G,

I initially thought you had an automation problem causing the blower motor to not get power.. But, based upon your post above it sounds like the blower is getting power and turning on, but something is plugging the line causing the motor to overheat.

Show us a couple of pics of your equipment pad and how the blower is connected into the plumbing.

Show us a pic of the label on the blower motor..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Sorry for the delayed response. It’s been storming here every day!

Attachments

• 7A332A05-90EE-4A1B-A870-2717781D439C.jpeg
    7A332A05-90EE-4A1B-A870-2717781D439C.jpeg
    307.4 KB · Views: 11
  • EF63F321-861C-455C-AD42-0C22F54417D6.jpeg
    EF63F321-861C-455C-AD42-0C22F54417D6.jpeg
    747.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 2ED62841-552F-4EF7-8ECF-1A3DAAAB6BE0.jpeg
    2ED62841-552F-4EF7-8ECF-1A3DAAAB6BE0.jpeg
    737.9 KB · Views: 8
  • D63E59FD-9F4C-4E69-B537-2E98F906A422.jpeg
    D63E59FD-9F4C-4E69-B537-2E98F906A422.jpeg
    643.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 1EC1F13F-8CE3-4FE6-8A1B-B97C44D53D9D.jpeg
    1EC1F13F-8CE3-4FE6-8A1B-B97C44D53D9D.jpeg
    765.3 KB · Views: 12
Do you by chance have adjustable jets? I have waterways and I can shut them all off or restrict them so they don't bore a hole in flesh. Check to make sure you don't have them shut down completely, the blower should blow bubbles without the jets even having any water pressure.

Do you by chance have adjustable jets? I have waterways and I can shut them all off or restrict them so they don't bore a hole in flesh. Check to make sure you don't have them shut down completely, the blower should blow bubbles without the jets even having any water pressure.
No adjustable jets that I know of. As long as I’m in pool mode and no water is coming through the spa jets, the blower works fine. As soon as I switch to spa mode and water is coming through the spa jets, the blower stops shooting bubbles and eventually just shuts off but the power light stays lit on the panel

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.