West Palm Beach/Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
So Aiper has a new robot out. The SE. Battery powered. It’s on sale now for $179, which seems crazy cheap. So I bought one.

Looking to use it to clean the spa, and for quick cleanups of the pool when I dont feel like lugging the dolphin around.

Will post comments and a review back here.

The cheapest I see it is Amazon for $219.
It’s $249 on the Aiper site.
Either way it’s a great price for what it does with 90 min run time & 2.5 hr charge time. I wouldn’t suggest using the “chemical dispenser” as it surely might lessen its lifespan. It looks cool too! More like a fighter jet than a ufo 🛸 like the others.

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
That cleaner seems small, but I would be interested to hear your comments and review once you get it.

For round above-ground pools (up to 33' diameter), and in-ground flat-floored pools (up to 40' X 20').

So, it arrived. It is smaller than I thought. Also the details of flat bottom pool were not really on Aipers web site, but very clear in the instructions. Here are some pictures of the robot army.

Attachments

• 7DD045D5-F86C-43AD-90A6-24EC1D25A4F3.jpeg
    7DD045D5-F86C-43AD-90A6-24EC1D25A4F3.jpeg
    701.3 KB · Views: 54
  • F1097115-F9DE-43ED-92E3-2B98531253AE.jpeg
    F1097115-F9DE-43ED-92E3-2B98531253AE.jpeg
    595.2 KB · Views: 50
So I have a “sports” type pool. Deep in the middle (about 5 feet) and shallow on both ends. The slopes are very gentle. The Seagull manages to maneuver around the whole pool. It has 4 wheels and two tiny brushes (that dont move). Unfortunately my pool is pretty clean now but it did manage to pick up a bunch of sand. No idea on how it does on leaves yet.

Also if you have a pool with a real deep end, this is not for you. Even on my very gentle slopes it slows down a lot while climbing those.

It does zip around pretty quickly. It uses a water jet from the front and back to move around.

Attachments

• 8693DD15-3106-4A9C-8EBC-3118E0986ED9.jpeg
    8693DD15-3106-4A9C-8EBC-3118E0986ED9.jpeg
    573.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Reactions: Mdragger88
Thanks for the update, Kato. For $179, it's worth the gamble to me. We have some big hackberry and pecan leaves that flood the pool for about a month and a half a year (ugh, happening right now), but I can keep the 280 to do the heavy lifting during that time. My main frustration with the 280 is that I have built in barstools the line gets wrapped around one of them and seems to be constantly hung up. Other than the time when our trees lose their leaves, the only thing that's ever in the pool is fine silt and sand. Judging by your bottom pic, the Aiper will handle that just fine.

I’ve always wanted something for the attached spa.

Did you try it in the spa? Can it climb up to the benches?

Today …
1669918779285.jpeg

Tomorrow …
emilia clarke film GIF

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I’ve always wanted something for the attached spa.

Did you try it in the spa? Can it climb up to the benches?

I did try it. It’s not amazing for that. It will not climb the benches. It just hangs around the bottom and pretty much in a corner. I pushed it around a bunch and it did end up cleaning a bunch, but it’s not what I would call efficient. I think one of those battery vacuums would work better. That might be the next purchase.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
I did try it. It’s not amazing for that. It will not climb the benches. It just hangs around the bottom and pretty much in a corner. I pushed it around a bunch and it did end up cleaning a bunch, but it’s not what I would call efficient. I think one of those battery vacuums would work better. That might be the next purchase.
I have one of these
Intex 28620EP Handheld Rechargeable Spa Pool Vacuum, Grey https://a.co/d/3PopzjX
The price has increased substantially from the $66 I paid for it but it’s still cheaper than the pool blaster catfish. They do have the smaller aqua broom for around $60 which is probably ideal for dedicated spa use.
I really got mine for the pool - mostly the steps & crevices/wrinkles (i can fit it through the ballast hole in my steps).
I have only needed to use it a couple times in my covered spa. It’s about 2 1/2 yrs old & still works well.

So I have a “sports” type pool. Deep in the middle (about 5 feet) and shallow on both ends. The slopes are very gentle. The Seagull manages to maneuver around the whole pool. It has 4 wheels and two tiny brushes (that dont move). Unfortunately my pool is pretty clean now but it did manage to pick up a bunch of sand. No idea on how it does on leaves yet.

Also if you have a pool with a real deep end, this is not for you. Even on my very gentle slopes it slows down a lot while climbing those.

It does zip around pretty quickly. It uses a water jet from the front and back to move around.
Hi Kato,

Any update on how it does with leaves? And would you recommend it?

Aiper sent me a message last week and said that XE is on backorder. Their expected ship date was Monday the 12th, but that came and went with no shipment notification. They did offer an extra 10% off on my next purchase, which is appreciated. I'm anxious to get the Seagull in and test it out now that all of trees are bare.

So as luck would have it we got a whole lot of rain the other day. Which means I got a few leaves in the pool.

Turns out it’s not so bad at picking up leaves. At least small leaves.

It’s a pain to remove it from the pool. They give you a hook that you can attach to a standard pole, but who wants to remove their net or brush to attach the hook every time I want to pull this out of the pool. I am not sure I want to dedicate a pole to a hook either. So going to need to do some thinking around this. The whole idea about this was a very convenient quick clean up.

Also when I pulled it out of the pool it proceeded to dump most of the leaves that it picked up back into the pool. Going to need to figure out a better way to extract it without that happening.

It does pick up a tremendous amount of sand though. Who knew my pool had that much sand in it.

Attachments

• 4DB5A2A1-7A06-4925-B7FA-89112C75798D.jpeg
    4DB5A2A1-7A06-4925-B7FA-89112C75798D.jpeg
    529.6 KB · Views: 21
Would it fit in a 5 gallon bucket? Certainly not the most elegant approach but you could scoop it into a 5 gallon bucket and then lift it out of the water. Or, scoop it up with an extra wide mouth leaf net (and hopefully it’s not so heavy as to snap the handle on the net). Just a thought(s) …

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.