Aiper Seagull SE

I recall seeing one cordless bot that had a float attached to a string so you could just grab it after it parks itself next to the edge. It basically looked like a weedeater pull string.

So, I ran it again.

The net works. I would make sure you have a strong net as it’s a little heavy when full of water. I have one of those ProTuff nets that has a lifetime warranty so it does not phase me.

So it will pick up small leaves and small debris, like lizards and insects.

Why do I have sooooo much sand in my pool?

Attachments

• 0E09A052-E1B1-47E0-8F1A-416402F1F2A4.jpeg
    0E09A052-E1B1-47E0-8F1A-416402F1F2A4.jpeg
    622.1 KB · Views: 18
So as luck would have it we got a whole lot of rain the other day. Which means I got a few leaves in the pool.

Turns out it’s not so bad at picking up leaves. At least small leaves.

It’s a pain to remove it from the pool. They give you a hook that you can attach to a standard pole, but who wants to remove their net or brush to attach the hook every time I want to pull this out of the pool. I am not sure I want to dedicate a pole to a hook either. So going to need to do some thinking around this. The whole idea about this was a very convenient quick clean up.

Also when I pulled it out of the pool it proceeded to dump most of the leaves that it picked up back into the pool. Going to need to figure out a better way to extract it without that happening.

It does pick up a tremendous amount of sand though. Who knew my pool had that much sand in it.
Thanks for the update! I was on the fence because I've watched videos where it looked like the robot was just pushing debris around because it was going so fast.

Just wanted to add in my $0.02, now that I've had my Seagull SE for about a month.

So far, I've been really impressed. This thing isn't a big leaf eater or anything, but it wasn't advertised to be. It shines with the really fine stuff that just goes through the net on my Polaris 280. I run it every day and it lasts around 90 minutes or so. When I clean it, it always has a lot of fine sand in it, plus a few roly polys and 3 or 4 decent sized hackberry or pecan leaves. The pic below is a typical haul, plus there were a few leaves that I pulled out so you could see the sand. Also, on the day this picture was taken, I ran the 280 for about 2 hours, then threw the Seagull in for it's normal cycle.
Sand1.jpg

I'm also using it in a pool that doesn't meet Aiper's rule of "for flat bottom pools only." I'm mostly 3.5 feet with a gentle slope down to 5.5 feet for a small area around the drains and a pretty steep radius where the floor transitions to the wall. For the most part, the Seagull SE handles the slope just fine. It moves slower going up and faster going down, but I've never seen it get hung halfway up or anything like that. The only problem I've had with it is that it can get hung up if it zooms down the slope just right and gets wedged between the wall and the raised drain. The drain cover keeps it from going forwards and it can't push itself up the wall enough to break free from the back. It's happened a couple of times, but that's on me and my misuse of their product.
Pool.jpg
Overall, I'm thrilled with the Seagull SE. It does exactly what I thought it would do and doesn't get hung up *every darn day* like my 280. It never fails - I can tinker around the pool for an hour or more and the 280 just cruises around, but the moment I walk inside, it runs straight to one of the barstools and wraps itself around one. I'll keep my 280 and throw it in during the few weeks in the Fall where I'm buried in leaves, but will use my Aiper for day-to-day. Plus, I don't have to worry about dodging the Polaris hose or taking it out when we're in the pool - the Seagull can just do its thing and not be in our way if we happen to be in at the same time.

There's still the question of longevity, but I'm thinking if I can get 2 years out of it for under $200, I'll don't mind replacing it every few years to keep from wrestling with a pressure side cleaner like I've been doing.

Last edited:
So I pulled the trigger and bought the seagull se, after months of searching the different pool robots out there. I have the 14x32 Hatteras Pamlico Beach fiberglass pool, so my actual "swimming" area is only 14x23. I just wanted something to clean the floor of the pool, as I don't think any robot out there will do the steps/beach entry! Things are pretty well frozen here in Ohio, so I won't be able to post my results with the cleaner until late April!

Reactions: Newdude
So I pulled the trigger and bought the seagull se, after months of searching the different pool robots out there. I have the 14x32 Hatteras Pamlico Beach fiberglass pool, so my actual "swimming" area is only 14x23. I just wanted something to clean the floor of the pool, as I don't think any robot out there will do the steps/beach entry! Things are pretty well frozen here in Ohio, so I won't be able to post my results with the cleaner until late April!

It’ll be good to know if the robot works well with a beach entry style pool. Most robotic cleaners don’t have the ability to sense and redirect when they come out of water and many of the original robot models would simply strand themselves on beach entries. That may have changed over the years but beach entry pools are definitely harder for robots to clean. Maybe Aiper has figured it out …

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am warming up to the SE. I still wish it was a little more robust. But as a quick clean up it’s really not bad. I can run it will the surface skimmers running (which my M500 cannot). It does pick up most of the small debris.

I scoop it up using my pool net and let it drain through the pool net (otherwise it would dump a bunch of stuff back in the pool).

Still undecided if I am going to keep it or go for one of the bigger Aipers but we will see.

Reactions: nublet
I finally got to test out the Seagull SE. It is mainly to help clean my brother's pool. It is a rectangular pool, shallow 3ft, deep end 8ft

Aiper mentions the SE is only for flat surfaced pools. My brother's pool has a slight slope that the Seagull could not go up completely, it goes up about 1/3 of the slope and goes back down to the deep end. I brush everything down to the deep end and let the SE vacuum up.

I don't have a lot of leaves at the bottom of the pool so I can't comment on that, but for dirt and sand it picks up fairly well. Works great in the spa too.

Now just hoping the battery's longevity will be good and won't degrade fast. APO100 - $100 off coupon, brings the SE down to $112.49 right now

They responded to my email this morning with some basic questions.
What is your order #
have you check for debris in the turbine (no idea how to do that its pretty sealed up)
Do a hard reset (no instructions on how to do that)
Make sure its fully charged.

I replied back with my order number and asked how to perform all those things they want me to do.

I also replied that it now runs for about 15 minutes before just stopping.

We will see what the next response is.

Apparently I have a motor leak. They send me a shipping label and ask for it back. They will replace it with a refurbished one. They asked for notification when I ship it so that they can cross ship. The service must be offshore somewhere, because they always seem to answer around 4am. Anyway I just printed the label and will drop it at the FedEx office today.

Have been getting the run around from AIPER about the hand held robot I want to return - I called the number and the people who answer are maybe in China I am guessing - very hard to understand them. I told them to cancel the AIPER Pro order - asked them to send me an email confirming cancellation - they said it will be sent maybe on Sunday or Monday. Not getting a good feeling with AIPER service

Apparently I have a motor leak. They send me a shipping label and ask for it back. They will replace it with a refurbished one. They asked for notification when I ship it so that they can cross ship. The service must be offshore somewhere, because they always seem to answer around 4am. Anyway I just printed the label and will drop it at the FedEx office today.
Mine stopped working and now just flashes red and blue lights over and over. Per the manual, that signals “water immersion,” which I’m assuming means water got into the motor. Did you have the same flashing lights? Did Aiper ever clarify how to do a hard reset? I can’t find anything online or in the manual, either.

I just purchased the Seagull SE as well ($199). It’s currently doing its first run. My biggest problem is sand/silt that always seems to come back no matter how much I vacuum or brush… and vacuuming is what I’ve decided is by far my least favorite maintenance task. Everything I’ve read suggests it does well with that small stuff.

Some concerns with longevity based upon what others are posting, but it at least seems that they’re good with warranty.

We’ll see how it does.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.