Aiper Scuba S1 Review

I have no idea what they are for but it does indeed have two metal contact plates on the bottom. Hopefully you’re right about a possible future charging stand/station
Here is a picture of the stand that is on the main page of their Store section. It appears to have something that lines up with those metal tabs.
I’ve done a fair bit of stalking on their page because I’ve seen mention of the self recall function but can’t find documentation. It also doesn’t make sense that they would sell both the N1 and the S1 on their website, but with a $100 difference. I don’t know, there’s just a couple of weird things.
But, I ordered the S1 Pro with the coupon to try it. At $760 it seemed like it was worth a try and I could send back if it didn’t work like advertised.

Attachments

• IMG_0369.jpeg
    IMG_0369.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: mike.stocker
Here is a picture of the stand that is on the main page of their Store section. It appears to have something that lines up with those metal tabs.
I’ve done a fair bit of stalking on their page because I’ve seen mention of the self recall function but can’t find documentation. It also doesn’t make sense that they would sell both the N1 and the S1 on their website, but with a $100 difference. I don’t know, there’s just a couple of weird things.
But, I ordered the S1 Pro with the coupon to try it. At $760 it seemed like it was worth a try and I could send back if it didn’t work like advertised.
Ah nice find, I never saw that. That is weird though so maybe there is an additional difference.

Yep will do
Just sent pics and videos to Aiper showing what my pool looks like, and the size of the “hopper” in the deep end. I told them I love how it cleans the floors but am not happy with the wall cleaning. The response I got back from customer service was that my pool has a huge curve so that’s why the S-1 can’t detect the walls, so it doesn’t work, followed by thank you. I told them I still had 7 days left on their 30 day return policy and what are my options. Waiting for a reply. My dilemma is do I send it back and keep using my suction side cleaner of the past which also doesn’t do walls, or keep it for cleaning the floors which is where all the dirt goes and just brush the sides once every week or two? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Any other floor only cordless robots out there worth looking into? Thanks

Received the Scuba S1 today and after charging it to full charge it made its maiden voyage. Will update when it completes its cycle but I can already see it is confused on the kidney shape pool. I have it on FLOOR only as the first voyage.
See the S1 on bottom and the Betta SE Plus on top.
IMG_2137.jpeg

Reactions: Katodude
Received the Scuba S1 today and after charging it to full charge it made its maiden voyage. Will update when it completes its cycle but I can already see it is confused on the kidney shape pool. I have it on FLOOR only as the first voyage.
See the S1 on bottom and the Betta SE Plus on top.
View attachment 573296
lol. I took the exact same picture today with the same 2 robots. Love the Betta. The surface was spotless when I put it in and 2 hours later I had maple tree helicopters, rose petals and pollen in the filter basket.

Reactions: HermanTX
The maiden voyage of the Scuba S1 is completed. It was floor only setting. Total time 3 hrs 10mins. It did not dock at the end where I put it in to begin however with a free-form pool I did not have expectations it would. I have a sport pool so the deepest is in the middle. The S1 started in N pattern going across the narrow part of the pool. Then it switched to lengthwise. Then went back to the narrow crossways but more of an W pattern which I think was due to the free-form shape of the pool. It crossed over the bottom drains multiple times with no issues. That is one reason I liked the S1 with its track system. After 2 hours it had cleaned the whole pool with the exception of 2 leaves and still was showing blue light. Then somewhere between 2 hrs and 2 1/2 hours it switched to yellow light. And at 2 hrs 45mins it was red and stayed like that till the end. It got those 2 last leaves and did well with picking up fine debris. See photo of basket. Overall it met my expectations. It drying out tonight and will charge it in morning.
IMG_2143.jpeg

The maiden voyage of the Scuba S1 is completed. It was floor only setting. Total time 3 hrs 10mins. It did not dock at the end where I put it in to begin however with a free-form pool I did not have expectations it would. I have a sport pool so the deepest is in the middle. The S1 started in N pattern going across the narrow part of the pool. Then it switched to lengthwise. Then went back to the narrow crossways but more of an W pattern which I think was due to the free-form shape of the pool. It crossed over the bottom drains multiple times with no issues. That is one reason I liked the S1 with its track system. After 2 hours it had cleaned the whole pool with the exception of 2 leaves and still was showing blue light. Then somewhere between 2 hrs and 2 1/2 hours it switched to yellow light. And at 2 hrs 45mins it was red and stayed like that till the end. It got those 2 last leaves and did well with picking up fine debris. See photo of basket. Overall it met my expectations. It drying out tonight and will charge it in morning.
View attachment 573354
I just dry the charging port with a towel and plug it right in. Glad to hear all went well with the floor cleaning. Looking forward to the results of your wall cleaning mode.

Just took out my side suction cleaner which admitingly does a good job but having to remove it so Betta can do it's thing is a PITA.

Buying the S1 now...just hope they release a fine mesh container for debris soon.

Just took out my side suction cleaner which admitingly does a good job but having to remove it so Betta can do it's thing is a PITA.

Buying the S1 now...just hope they release a fine mesh container for debris soon.
The current basket is pretty good - see my post #206. It picked up a lot of fine debris.

Reactions: piezon and JC707

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Herman. Just ordered directly from their website...can't beat that 15% off code.

Hoping it ships out soon and I can retire the suction cleaner for the time being.

Reactions: newdude
Thanks Herman. Just ordered directly from their website...can't beat that 15% off code.

Hoping it ships out soon and I can retire the suction cleaner for the time being.
I ordered on a Thursday, received shipping notice on Monday from UPS and received it on Wednesday by 1pm. Charged it for several hours and did its maiden voyage that evening from 5pm to 8pm.

Reactions: JC707
Had my patio and walkway around the pool power-washed yesterday and couldn’t keep some of the debris from getting into the pool. Decided to use my suction cleaner to do the heavy work and then threw in the S-1 for 2 hours in floor mode. Well, the basket collected a lot of sandy, gritty residue that the suction cleaner didn’t get. The mesh worked fine and I was impressed. If only it would do my walls in the deep end I’d be ecstatic but I’m still quite happy with it.

Reactions: HermanTX and JC707
View attachment 573428
Emailed Aiper about the metal contacts on the bottom of the pro. Seems there may be a charging base coming afterall. I replied back for an ETA.
Another mystery solved. I just got my S1 Pro and was looking at the manual and app instructions. It says that the app control can summon it for waterline retrieval. But you need the buoy to communicate with it underwater.
I need the charging base and the buoy to come out ASAP!
Those were the two features that really led me to the Beatbot as an option. Will be great if these features are unlocked with subsequent product releases.

Another mystery solved. I just got my S1 Pro and was looking at the manual and app instructions. It says that the app control can summon it for waterline retrieval. But you need the buoy to communicate with it underwater.
I need the charging base and the buoy to come out ASAP!
Those were the two features that really led me to the Beatbot as an option. Will be great if these features are unlocked with subsequent product releases.
Interesting feedback. When I was charging the S1, it was giving off a wifi signal that my phone showed. However,there was no instructions in the manual about it therefore I downloaded the app and it states only for the S1 Pro. But the S1 still gives out a wifi signal - so maybe there are future upgrades to both the S1 and S1 Pro.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but there is an even higher end model from Aiper called the Scuba N1 Ultra which is currently listed at $1,399 with no sale price as of yet. (See attached picture)

Here's the link but it doesn't seem to be completely fleshed out yet: N1 Ultra

Attachments

• share_6437169073126870132.png
    share_6437169073126870132.png
    476.8 KB · Views: 6
So got my s1 yesterday, super fast shipping. I cannot figure out how to put it in pairing mode. Find nothing online or in the manual so that I can sync it with the app. Any help? The QR code don’t work either.
My understanding is that only S1 Pro works with app. The S1 does not. It does give off a wifi signal but no connection to the app.

The current basket is pretty good - see my post #206. It picked up a lot of fine debris.

The debris basket is pretty good. I have also stuffed some Polyfill in the basket occasionally to get some superfine filtration. Just used it on a neighbors pool to suck up dead algae on the SLAM I am doing for him.

Reactions: HermanTX and JC707

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support