Aiper Scuba S1 Review

I run my S1 pretty much every day. It easy. I drop it in the pool and then I fish it out with a dedicated pole and hook. I plug it in to charge. I clean the filter every few days to a week, depending on how dirty the pool is.

The unit is cheap enough what I treat it like a tool and not part of the family.
Katodude, do you experience any problem in the deep end when it’s in wall mode like I described above?

Trying an experiment. A neighbors pool got algae (pool service, will rant in another thread). Anyway been cleaning it up for him, and it’s mainly just cloudy now from the dead algae (and he has a crazy small filter). So I stuffed some Polyfill in the S1 and threw it in there. Let’s see if that helps. Might be a good way to deal with finer dirt.

Attachments

• IMG_7040.jpeg
    IMG_7040.jpeg
    461.3 KB · Views: 18
For those that have the S1 Pro, are there battery charger connections on the bottom? I’m wondering if they are going to release a charging stand like on the Beatbot Aquasense. On the Aiper website, I’ve seen two accessories listed that are not currently for sale. One is the buoy that appears to enable app use and the other is a picture of an unknown stand. I’ve been looking at the Beatbot and that charging stand is pretty compelling to me.
Looking at pictures of the S1 Pro, there are two little squares on the underside that are similar to how the Beatbot chargers look. I’m wondering if they are the same?

Attachments

• IMG_0368.jpeg
    IMG_0368.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 7
For those that have the S1 Pro, are there battery charger connections on the bottom? I’m wondering if they are going to release a charging stand like on the Beatbot Aquasense. On the Aiper website, I’ve seen two accessories listed that are not currently for sale. One is the buoy that appears to enable app use and the other is a picture of an unknown stand. I’ve been looking at the Beatbot and that charging stand is pretty compelling to me.
Looking at pictures of the S1 Pro, there are two little squares on the underside that are similar to how the Beatbot chargers look. I’m wondering if they are the same?
Mine hasn’t shipped yet but I hope you’re right. A charging stand would be great. I’ll report back if/when I receive it if no one else chimes in.

really appreciate this thread. I'm seeing an N1 sold by lowes, but mostly S1's being sold. I can't seem to find what the difference is between the 2. Anyone know?
This was discussed earlier in the thread. Same product just different distribution channels. I think the N versions will be sold in the big box stores.

This was discussed earlier in the thread. Same product just different distribution channels. I think the N versions will be sold in the big box stores.
yeah I hadn't made it to the last 2 pages yet and now see it's the same thing. Thanks.

Going to bite the bullet on the s1 and hope for the best. Nervous as I have a kidney shape and 3.5 to 8' with a pretty steep incline/decline.

Reactions: mike.stocker

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Funny enough, my S1 Pro was just delivered. Never got a shipping notification. Will take out of the box after work and look at the bottom for those possible charger connections. Will be a bit before I can test it in the water though as my cover is still on. Wonder if I can run it under the cover, I’ll have to search the forum about that. Would make opening that much easier when the time comes.

yeah I hadn't made it to the last 2 pages yet and now see it's the same thing. Thanks.

Going to bite the bullet on the s1 and hope for the best. Nervous as I have a kidney shape and 3.5 to 8' with a pretty steep incline/decline.
No worries. I hear you, I was nervous as well. I have a rectangular pool but a large deep end with angled walls. Hoping I don’t have to worry about the pro struggling to climb walls or staying upright. I think I only paid $200 more for it. Was on sale for $899 and then had a 15% off coupon so paid $765 total. Don’t appear to have been charged any sales tax, wonder why that is.

Reactions: Belo
Pool was definitely clearer after running the S1 with Polyfill. Hard to quantify if just a regular cleaning would have done it. But I really think it captured more fine debris that the filter might have missed.

IMG_7042.jpeg

Reactions: HermanTX
I am so happy to find this thread. I had ordered the S1 Pro for $999.99. I then saw it "on sale" for $899 - when I was looking to see when it would ship. Since I did not receive it I emailed and asked for them to credit me the difference. They could not so I cancelled my order. A few days later received a full refund. I now just ordered one for $764.99. Thanks for the ASAP15 code!

I have no idea what they are for but it does indeed have two metal contact plates on the bottom. Hopefully you’re right about a possible future charging stand/station.

Attachments

• IMG_2594.jpeg
    IMG_2594.jpeg
    340.8 KB · Views: 7

If the walls on your deep end turn into concave “walls/floors” all the way down to the flat bottom, then watch to see if the same thing that happened to me occurs with your pool when in wall mode. In the shallow end, it goes up the wall, then back down to the flat floor, backs up about 2’, makes a quarter turn and then another before starting back up the wall again. Works great BUT, when it gets down the incline a bit and goes up & down the wall, it’s not ending up on a flat 90 degree bottom like in the shallow end so, when it backs up that 2’ in order to make the turns to go back up the next section of the wall, it stops on a concave wall/floor and gravity takes over. The S-1 basically just slides down the curved section to the bottom and then can’t figure out what to do next. Ends up with most of the walls in the deep end going untouched. Bummer.
So, I’m experiencing about 95% or more floor cleaning but less than 50% wall cleaning.
Let me know if you have the same issues. Thnx.

to those who got the pro... did you really need it? I guess it would be hard to know unless you had both.
Haha I think few people actually need a robot vacuum in general. Seems like a luxury and a convenience. But you’re right, difficult to say if it is worth an extra $200. I wanted the extra fine filter, dual brushes, more power, etc. No idea if any of that will make a noticeable difference. This is also my first robot vacuum so I’ll have nothing to compare its performance too other than a pool blaster and a regular hose vac.

No worries. I hear you, I was nervous as well. I have a rectangular pool but a large deep end with angled walls. Hoping I don’t have to worry about the pro struggling to climb walls or staying upright. I think I only paid $200 more for it. Was on sale for $899 and then had a 15% off coupon so paid $765 total. Don’t appear to have been charged any sales tax, wonder why that is.
Let us know how it makes out when cleaning the walls in your deep end. See what the robot does when it goes back down the wall to get ready for the next section

Reactions: mike.stocker

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support