Ahh-Some in Washing Machine

They have a product meant for pool plumbing too. I'm gonna try it out.

It runs counter to the "don't put into your pool things when you don't know what's in them" but I've seen such glowing reviews of the products these guys make, I'm gonna give it a shot.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise

It runs counter to the "don't put into your pool things when you don't know what's in them" but I've seen such glowing reviews of the products these guys make, I'm gonna give it a shot.

I’m going to say spend the money on more washing machine cleaner rather than pool stuff because, honestly, your pool is and has been TFP clean for years. So this product is going to be sad since it won’t find any nasties to remove. But it’s ok, it will act as a mild clarifier so you may see a bit more “sparkle” to the water using it. It’s not going to hurt anything and you could add far worse stuff your pool.

But do have fun with the machine cleaners. My washing machine was sparkly clean and smelled like …. Nothing … after cleaning it out. Which is exactly how it should smell. Next up is the dishwasher because it’s been emitting a funky aroma every so often …

Reactions: markayash

Let us know how it works, I am interested also

Hey, just checking again. How do you use it in the dishwasher. Put it where the soap goes. Or just dilute it and throw it on the floor of the dishwasher?

I just scoop out 1/4 tsp blob and drop it in the front corner of the dishwasher. That way when the cycle runs and it tries to do the initial drain of the water in the sump (there’s always a small amount of water in the sump), I don’t lose any product. Then as it fills and runs, the blob dissolves.

Pour the Ahh-Some liquid directly into the Dishwasher bottom cabinet. Run on a short "Clean or Hot Cycle" with no dishes in the appliance at this time. This is from instructions on Ahh-some website.
Katodude use this link Product Instructions

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pour the Ahh-Some liquid directly into the Dishwasher bottom cabinet. Run on a short "Clean or Hot Cycle" with no dishes in the appliance at this time. This is from instructions on Ahh-some website.
Katodude use this link Product Instructions

I read this, but I am not very smart. What’s the bottom cabinet? Is there a top cabinet? I dont know what kind of dishwashers you have but I have box (I guess this is the cabinet) with a bunch of racks.

I like Matts instructions, I am going with that.

I read this, but I am not very smart. What’s the bottom cabinet? Is there a top cabinet? I dont know what kind of dishwashers you have but I have box (I guess this is the cabinet) with a bunch of racks.

I like Matts instructions, I am going with that.

You can mix up a solution and pour it into the well at the bottom of the machine where the spray arm is (that’s where the sump pump is). I don’t do that because my washer starts off by running the sump pump to discharge any water/waste that may have collected there while loading the dishwasher. So if I made a liquid and poured it into the machine, it would all get pumped out to the drain before the cycle ever ran.

Well, I could not take it anymore our Ahh-some for washing machines and dishwashers will be here this Saturday.
LOL, I did also. Need to change the Title to " why you need to buy Ahh Some" :)

I bought it for the dishwasher and washing machine...My washing machine is a top loader but probably 20 years old so will be curious what it gets out

I’m going to say spend the money on more washing machine cleaner rather than pool stuff because, honestly, your pool is and has been TFP clean for years. So this product is going to be sad since it won’t find any nasties to remove. But it’s ok, it will act as a mild clarifier so you may see a bit more “sparkle” to the water using it. It’s not going to hurt anything and you could add far worse stuff your pool.

But do have fun with the machine cleaners. My washing machine was sparkly clean and smelled like …. Nothing … after cleaning it out. Which is exactly how it should smell. Next up is the dishwasher because it’s been emitting a funky aroma every so often …
I was thinking more about any biofilm buildup in the pipes - algae can't grow there but other gunk can, I would think? Maybe not. We'll see.

My washing machine and dishwasher were both replaced about 2-3 years ago so I don't know if it'll find much. We also leave the lid open to dry after use for the washing machine and do add the standard commercial dishwasher / washing machine cleaners once every few months. And we don't use fabric softener in the washing machine (because we don't bother with it, and instead use vinegar in the fabric softener tray, but I've heard that fabric softener in a washing machine can cause some crazy buildup). But I'm giving it a try anyway!

I was thinking more about any biofilm buildup in the pipes - algae can't grow there but other gunk can, I would think? Maybe not. We'll see.

My washing machine and dishwasher were both replaced about 2-3 years ago so I don't know if it'll find much. We also leave the lid open to dry after use for the washing machine and do add the standard commercial dishwasher / washing machine cleaners once every few months. And we don't use fabric softener in the washing machine (because we don't bother with it, and instead use vinegar in the fabric softener tray, but I've heard that fabric softener in a washing machine can cause some crazy buildup). But I'm giving it a try anyway!

I doubt any of your pool pipes have biofilms in them. But you can try it and see if makes any noticeable difference.

We do use fabric softener and it DOES cause crazy amounts of goopy buildup. In fact, I need to take the top off my washer to get at the underside of tub where the fabric softener dispenser is. There is a thick buildup of dried liquid softener there. The fabric softeners nowadays are horrible. They are chemically thickened and they constantly leave a build up of gunk in the dispenser. I’m thinking of switching to fabric freshener that you add to the wash cycle rather than fabric softeners.

I’m glad you like vinegar but I can’t use that. The wife hates it.

My top load washer is being a royal pain. Two Ahhsome treatments, and STILL getting this. Tried vinegar, citric acid, bleach, now this. NOTHING is working. Anyone have any more ideas?

Attachments

• PXL_20220812_175547802.jpg
    PXL_20220812_175547802.jpg
    838 KB · Views: 32
My top load washer is being a royal pain. Two Ahhsome treatments, and STILL getting this. Tried vinegar, citric acid, bleach, now this. NOTHING is working. Anyone have any more ideas?

My guess is someone washed a fabric that they shouldn’t have and now there is just a giant clot of disintegrated fabric in the well of the outer tub. It’s also not uncommon to find a sock trapped in the tub especially if someone overloaded the washer. Basically looks like disintegrating fabric and every time you wash some gets redeposited back onto your clothes.

You need a service professional to pull out the inner tub or remove the sump pump and see if there’s junk in the screen or a trapped garment. If they can pull the inner tub then it’s possible to clean the outer tub manually.

Have you cleaned out the washer's lint trap? What model is it? It's not something you have to do often but it can get pretty gunked up and physically getting the junk out is the best way to clear it out.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.