Ahh-Some in Washing Machine

If you want to speed the gasket cleaning you can pause the cycle mid point, open door and pull back the the gasket where the nasties hide take a cup full from the drum pour it in there then with a medium soft bristle brush work it a bit. That's what I did.

Reactions: randytsuch
USPS lost my 2 in 1 Ahh-some now I`m slated to receive my replacement order on 8/22/22. Oh, the pain in waiting when you really are looking forward to deep clean your front-loading washer.

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
Well checked our mail this afternoon and my Ahh-Some arrived earlier wahoo. I did a smell test first not anything I would call stinky. I mixed 1/2 tsp with 4 oz water and a hot short wash. I watched it from start to finish with the light off and my porter cable light it foamed up about 24" wide and 8" tall.
At the end of cycle there was a slight funk smell the drum, rotor blades, and rubber door seal felt very clean. I washed some towels after this cycle funk smell gone.
I had my wife smell after towels were done and she said it smelled good. I`m a covert now I still plan on bleach cycle next month and Ahh-Some the month after. :):D(y)

Well checked our mail this afternoon and my Ahh-Some arrived earlier wahoo. I did a smell test first not anything I would call stinky. I mixed 1/2 tsp with 4 oz water and a hot short wash. I watched it from start to finish with the light off and my porter cable light it foamed up about 24" wide and 8" tall.
At the end of cycle there was a slight funk smell the drum, rotor blades, and rubber door seal felt very clean. I washed some towels after this cycle funk smell gone.
I had my wife smell after towels were done and she said it smelled good. I`m a covert now I still plan on bleach cycle next month and Ahh-Some the month after. :):D(y)

I never get the “funk” smell because my washer has a programmed clean cycle where it fills the entire drum up, does lots of agitation and then drains. Then it fills the drum again, agitates and drain. It’s a huge amount of rinse water so any water left in the sump is pretty clean in my opinion. If yours is a front loader, then it will definitely take an extra cycle to clean out all the bio-soup it releases.

Sounds like a success though. No more wondering what kind of nastiness is on your “clean” towels …

Start of cycle is water in rotate right/left then drains, next cycle water in then it starts pushing water through soap dispenser. and then regular wash and rinse cycles. The instructions stated evening if prior to using ahh-some you had no bad smells you could have some after using ahh-some. The wash of towels after removed that kind of like a stale funky smell. Towels smelled even better than before ahh-some. So glad I kept coming back to this thread. Our washer over 12 years old heavy use in the early years when both children still at home. I stated in earlier post worst case was I went 2 months before I ran clean cycle using bleach. Ahh-Some is a solid product.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
I really feel the switch generally from top loaders to front loaders caused lots of problems. Washing machines somehow became more of a fashion statement than a tool. People put washers and dryers in basements and garages because they were ugly … but they did the job they were supposed to do. Nowadays, people care more about their choice of colors in a machine than if it will actually clean anything.

Front loaders just make no sense as they can not be engineered to be as clean or dry as top loaders. They use less water which, on the surface sounds like a good thing, but the low water volumes just means a higher concentration of waste. Also, detergents and fabric softeners nowadays are terrible. They are all carbonates and plant based surfactants in the service of being “eco-friendly” but being terrible as functional cleaners.

Bring back phosphates, bleaching powders and naphthalene’s!!! Down with this eco-friendly nonsense !!!

• Haha
Reactions: Pv2
We certainly bought a top loader when we got our last pair.

The main advantage of a front loader in my mind is ease of moving the load over to the dryer. I got a dryer that has a door that swings open on the side and the bottom and advantage regained.

One attribute I like about a front loader is the spin cycle there is very little water remaining and this makes for a short dry time. Maybe top loaders have improved drastically since we had our last top loader. We have been very pleased this our Kenmore Elite set which was a re-badged Electrolux. Bottom line most users of any washer and dryer cause pre-mature failure from overloading. When the Mrs. and I got married in 1983 we had to go to local laundromat. One day I was doing our laundry and I saw a lady poking more clothes into her washer. I got a little closer she had the wooden handle from toilet plunger. There was no way them clothes were going to be clean.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well the icing on the cake I did today did like joyful suggested I put ahh-some up in the corner of dishwasher. I removed 2 pieces off the bottom where it sucked the water out. They were not bad had a little crud this was going to be reference for after cleaning cycle. Let me say I was not disappointed it really cleaned our dishwasher very well. The 2 pieces looked like they do when I hand clean`em every so often. I`m going to bring Ahh-Some into my conversations with friends and family.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.