TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2018
Alamo, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I recently decided I wanted to finally bring down my TA from its usual 130-150 range. I have been adding acid for two years trying to get TA down, with no success.

My options for aeration are limited. I have a level spa. Running the spa would only aerate the small volume of water in the spa. Today I had an AHA moment and realized I could run the spa in spillway mode, pulling water from the pool, aerating it into the spa, and spilling over into the pool. All righty, let's do it!

Then I realized what I was aerating with. PM2.5 levels over 150. We know cartridge filters only filter out 10μ particles. So aerating with 2.5μ particles in the air is probably a bad idea. I guess I'll have to wait until we have cleaner air. Sigh.

air.png

Only in California would you be concerned with the air quality for the pool.........

It truly will not care.

I saw a post this week/last where someone made a very basic venturi aeration system using an open pvc pipe in front of a return. I wonder if you could rig up a mask/filter to that. Let me see if I can find the post.

Edit - Found it:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.