Adding MA to water - is grabbing water from the pool a bad idea?

DaveTheAccountant

Bronze Supporter
Mar 5, 2023
Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
It never occurred to me that this might be an issue, but I’ve seen several articles today that suggest it is a bad idea. What is the opinion of the brain trust?

EDIT bad word choice, filling my bucket from the pool then adding acid to that.

Last edited:
I don’t know why it would be a bad idea either 🤷🏼‍♂️

It feels a little crazy to schlep the bucket across the yard when u have 29k gallons just…..sitting right there.

in either case, I did add an edit to clarify that I meant filling my bucket from the pool.

No need to take water from the pool - or anywhere else - to put in a vucket and then add acid to thatbucket with water in it.
Just add acid to the pool at a running return jet. A pencil sized stream is good. Then after you add at the running return jet, brush the pool surface in the general area where the acid dispersed for a minute or two.

But whatever you do - ALWAYS add acid to water. NEVER add water to acid.

Diluting acid just gives you more opportunity to splash/spill larger amounts of acid.
Just pour it in slowly infront of a running return straight from the bottle as mentioned above.
The less you handle it the better.

Reactions: proavia
Dave,

Ok, I understand what you are doing now, but not sure why...

I just add acid right into the pool...

Why do you add it to a bucket first???

Thanks,

Jim R.
I thought it was proper to dilute it. I am glad to hear that I don’t have to bother, though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.