Adding Flow sensor to Aqual Trol Return Jet Model

raxton

Jun 22, 2020
florida
Hello,
I recently installed a Hayward Aqualtrol salt system. I bought the return jet version since it was around 200 bucks cheaper and it had a built in timer. The return jet version did not include a flow switch, but I bought a hayward knock off flow switch for 20 bucks and added it in as I like the redundancy of knowing the generator will be off in case the pump has power and fails to prime. But it seems the control panel will not respond to the flow sensor since its an RJ model the flow sensor input seems to be disabled. I went thru the diagnostics and tried to change it from AL-7 to anything else, but its stuck at AL-7. Is there a jumper change or firmware update I can do to change this so it will respond to the flow sensor signal?

Saw another thread similar to this 5 years ago but it never got a technical answer.
[/URL]

Thanks

Welcome to TFP.

The reports are that the RJ model uses a different board. I think Hayward did that to not allow folks to do what you are trying to do with the price difference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.