AquaTrol® is the affordable salt chlorine generating solution for above ground pools that saves you time and money while conveniently keeping your pool clean and safe.
- For all residential above-ground pools up to 18,000 gallons.
- Suitable for new above-ground pools or retrofit
- Uses a T-5 cell
The Hayward Aquarite Troubleshooting Guidelines can be used with the AquaTrol. The AquaTrol is very similar to the Aquarite mainboard except for the timer and additional K3 relay which handles the AC power to the board.
See Hayward Aquarite SWG for additional details on board diagnostics and repairs.
How the Aquatrol board Works
- The AquaTrol is very similar to the Aquarite mainboard except for the timer and additional K3 relay which handles the AC power to the board.
- The K1 and K2 carry the DC low voltage (polarity reversal) to the salt cell.
- The K3 relay is for the timer.
- Cell voltage of 31 volts on the display is indicative that the Caps are charged via thermistor. The voltage reading on the display is a mirror of the voltage passing through the load side of the Thermistor. And it is normal for the 31 volts reading on the display to go down depending on the cell type when either K1 or K2 relay is energized. If the cell reports did not satisfy the microcontroller, then it will instruct the relay to de-energize via U5 disconnecting power to the cell. Hence, chlorine production is suspended (0 amp, -0 salinity).