Active 30i vs Warrior SE

gregh77

Sep 22, 2021
Louisiana
who’s this marina you guys talking about? is that where everyone buys from? our local shops here want a huge amount more than amazon. i was going to get the extended warranty but not sure how that would work with a robot.

just joined the group. first post. i have a vinyl pool. would the active 30 be ok to use on that?
thanks for all the info!!

Hi and welcome to TFP!!! Here is a link to marina:

Make sure to call them to get the full warranty. They will also be able to let you know which cleaner will work best for your pool for the least money.

Reactions: gregh77
The only thing I noticed in difference between the Warrior SE and the other equivalent branded versions was that "automation mode" is not documented in the Warrior SE version but it still works exactly the same. Automation mode is important if you want to control with a smart plug because there are settings for number of days per week to run but it requires a reset every week. For me this was important for others it may not matter.

Chris

The active 30i has wifi where u can use the app to control the robot’s cycles & to remotely control it. This may or may not be something you wish to pay extra for.
The pentair warrior se does not have this ability other than the ability to use automation mode for scheduling which uses a separate customer provided smartplug. Therefore they have different pricing.
Here’s the comparison sheet👇

Reactions: gregh77 and kimkats
I chose not to go with the "i" version because I didn't think I'd ever use it... just too simple to move it myself. Also very important is the cost of a replacement cord. Both are very expensive but the "i" version was way more, over half the cost of a new robot as I recall. You should check this to see if current pricing for parts is still the same.

Chris

Hi and welcome to TFP!!! Here is a link to marina:

Make sure to call them to get the full warranty. They will also be able to let you know which cleaner will work best for your pool for the least money.
the full warranty? what is that, something additional to purchase?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.