Warrior SE died what's next

I'm two weeks shy of 4 years with my Warrior SE. Recently been holding my breath every time Kevin goes for his cleaning cycle. Only had one "burp" when the impeller had a tangle last year. @markayash I've been looking at the Pentair 360 if Kevin goes hoofs (treads!) up. I had a Jandy Rayvac pressure side cleaner from day one. I can do without lugging the robot in/out and can trade off having to brush the walls every once in a while for a smaller cleaner I can leave in my pool most of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: markayash
Just my two cents to this conversation, I have the warrior for three years now. Two years ago it was repaired under warranty and they basically change everything, motor, cable and power box. A few weeks ago, robot stopped after a few seconds. Checked the power supply, it passed. I then found a videos online, I think it is somewhere in the forum, explaining how to take the motor apart. I did that and found one bad bearing. There are two of them. Changed both for less than 10 dollars, put it back together and it seems to be working fine. There were no water in the engine compartment and use the robot about 5 days a week avoiding leaving it in the water. I believe that since the electrical motor itself should last a long time, bearings could be the culprit on most propeller issues specially if the motor is dry upon opening. The motor was also covered in dust from the brushes so I gave it a good clean. The robot is also quieter when cleaning the tile water line of the pool. It only takes a few screws to take it apart so if you are about to give up on it give it a try, might buy you some time to save for a new one later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdragger88
Just my two cents to this conversation, I have the warrior for three years now. Two years ago it was repaired under warranty and they basically change everything, motor, cable and power box. A few weeks ago, robot stopped after a few seconds. Checked the power supply, it passed. I then found a videos online, I think it is somewhere in the forum, explaining how to take the motor apart. I did that and found one bad bearing. There are two of them. Changed both for less than 10 dollars, put it back together and it seems to be working fine. There were no water in the engine compartment and use the robot about 5 days a week avoiding leaving it in the water. I believe that since the electrical motor itself should last a long time, bearings could be the culprit on most propeller issues specially if the motor is dry upon opening. The motor was also covered in dust from the brushes so I gave it a good clean. The robot is also quieter when cleaning the tile water line of the pool. It only takes a few screws to take it apart so if you are about to give up on it give it a try, might buy you some time to save for a new one later.
I'm going to wish you the best of luck! Couple weeks ago I removed the motor, cleaned it then carefully sealed it up with silicone grease on O-rings- worked great for a week, then it started to trip the breaker every run. I think water got inside the motor. I decided it wasn't worth the time fixing it again so a new Evo614iQ is coming tomorrow.

• Sad
Reactions: Mdragger88