Dolphin CC Plus vs Active 20/30 vs Proteous DX4

Jul 4, 2020
Arizona
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey all,

I called Marina, and they quoted me $899 out the door for the Active 20 and $1099 for the Active 30, which comes with a Caddy ($150 value) and has WiFi (Which I don't care about, but for an extra $50, it's worth it IMO). The Active cleaners come with a 2-year warranty, and my CC has the benefit of an extra 1 year on top of the 2 years.

Now to the internet-sold cleaners: CC Plus and the DX4 are available on Amazon, and both, to the best of my knowledge, come with a 2-year warranty.

My question is, are the Active 20/30 cleaners better than the other two sold by Amazon? Is there a real benefit to buying from Marina versus online? I mainly ask this for the warranty piece; if my cleaner breaks, do I have to ship it to Marina to get it repaired? And what about the ones from Amazon? How do warranty claims work in case of failure?

Appreciate you all.

Generally Marina has the best prices by a good bit (not advertised, have to call), a good supply of parts for DIY fixes, etc.

If your robot breaks, your closest service center can do warranty work, but these things are pretty good at failing once outside warranty window.

Marina is also repping a newer brand, EVO, which has an ongoing review by a regular here.
New EVO 614i Robot Pool Cleaner Review

The CC Plus has a small dual basket design that frustrated me instantly, so I sent it back. The larger basket style filters of all the other options, EVO included, are far superior, in my opinion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.