A few wrinkles in a relatively new liner

Darren35

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2014
Evansville, IN
16x32 Sport Pool. New liner 24 months ago. Discovered an issue that threw tons of rainwater under the pool resulting a 8-10 wrinkles at the end of last pool season. I corrected the drainage and even lowered to water to a level that would have guaranteed either a floating liner or 1000 wrinkles during the offseason.

Took the cover off and despite the low water levels, the liner was just as it was at the end of the season. Big relief for sure. My question- I have a few long wrinkles at the shallow parts of the pool and 4-5 on the slope toward the drain. The water level is below the returns. If I pump the water down to a certain level (advice here), use a shop vac to blow air under the liner, how hard will it be to remove the wrinkles. I am very handy at learning new things- and that's what this would be. I have zero knowledge in how to do this other than what I read online. Is this a job for a professional?

I am always looking to do things myself in order to save money, but I want to be aware of causing more damage than what I am saving. I open/close pool- do the TFP method daily, etc. I just want those wrinkles gone :)

Thanks for the help,
Darren

I am sorry to say I have no idea and from the lack of answers it seems as if this is not a road well traveled.

I would call around some of your pool installers and see what they say. How would they fix it?

Good luck!

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.