Let's See Your Test Kit!

Thanks everyone! Didn't mean to hijack, but greatly appreciate the responses and suggestions.

I will definitely stay away from that Pool Church around the corner. What's the name of it again - starts with an "L", I think?

And thanks for clearing up the confusion between testing kits and testing kids. I was a bit worried since I don't have kids around anymore! BTW, the "sample" kid is darn cute!

And I love the suggestions to test tap water and a neighbor's pool. That's terrific! I'm a believer in practice. As long as that's all I need to practice on!

I stayed up last night way past my bedtime looking over the pool school sections. I'll save my questions for the right threads and after I've completed the sections the best I can. EXCEPT for one.... Since I'm enrolling in pool school today, I'd like to order a test kit today. To save me time searching forum threads, can you tell me if one kit is better to use with a salt water system? Or which one is best to go ahead and buy now instead of a cheaper one when eventually I'll just end up buying the more expensive one later? My adult son lives at home and is the brightest one here, so with his help and this forum, I'm confident now we can do this!

Again, and again - ya'll are the best. Have a great day! Suz.

No need to apologize!

I second WoodyP's suggestion (I can't believe I'd ever do that :D ) but he is right. Get both, plus a speed stir. Doing all that gets you free shipping at TFTestkits.net for a limited time.

Is there a prize for best test kit?????
Test%20kit.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

No, but there is for the worst one and you win!

Super!! Thank you both! Got my plastic ready.... Suz.

Good for you Suz! I'm glad you aren't like Woody. :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Funny, funny!! I figured there was a more appropriate thread under the pool testing section to ask about test kits than a thread for showing your test kits in the coffee bar! But I'll be dog-gone-ed (for woodyp) if I could find it until this one popped up.

Btw.... I'll be posting pictures of my TF-100, Taylor K-1766, and speed stir as soon as they arrive. Got the discount and the free shipping! Thanks for the heads up on the shipping.
Take care! Suz

Here's all the stuff I use on the pool. The only thing I left out was the sample bottle I use for the weekly test.

Pool stuff.jpg

From left to right:

- Most important thing is the log book. I keep track of the weekly test results and anything big I do to the pool/equipment.
- The amazing TF-100 and Speedstir.
- K-1000 for daily testing. In the lid of the K-1000 you can see a card with a slot cut in the side. I use that to compare the sample to the scale one level at a time.
- Under the K-1000 is a neat tool I made out of a 10 ml syringe, some aquarium tubing, and stainless steel nuts for weight. It allows me to draw a sample about 2 feet below the surface without getting my arm wet, very handy for winter time testing since I don't close my pool.
- 2 quart Rubbermaid jug for measuring chlorine, and the smaller cup for measuring acid.
- And lastly, the 5 gallon bucket which holds the gallon jug of acid and the measuring cup. It keeps the fumes contained, and allows me to store it outside.

Patrick, it came today!!!! I will try to post a picture tomorrow.

I now have my very own TF-100, Taylor K-1766 and Taylor SpeedStir (batteries included!!!!). I had to laugh when I opened the box and saw the picture for the TF-100 of the kids jumping into the water. When I've seen ya'll's pictures here of test kits, I kept wondering why there were people wearing pink and green tutu's jumping up in the air!!!! (and I hadn't even been drinking that day....) I couldn't imagine what that had to do with pool maintenance except maybe it was to lure us into thinking it was fun. Right - I know my vision isn't the greatest. But it was funny!

Now MY kit came with something special that none of you mentioned. Mine came with Flow Testers - these mint green foamy things stuck in between the test kits. They don't seem to have directions, but they must be to use like ping pong balls (someone mentioned those on another thread) - toss in the water to test the water flow velocity and direction. It must be a free give-away with this round of test kits....

I'm behind on my Pool School homework - already. Always a procrastinator in school. Sighhhhh. Take care! Suz.

Start em young so they can maintain your pool when you get creeky and aged :D

This is funny, since im going out of town for a couple weeks and let my wife take over - my last thing i told her....If you forget anything, like how to turn the vacuum on, ask Emmy (my 7 year old), she knows how. LOL!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.