New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

Suz, I'll have to find the original drawing- we made a lot of changes since then, but I didn't save the new ones. Just the new computer generated ones. I have a 1-story home so I can't get high enough to get the entire drawing in the pic. I'm going to try to adjust the camera to get everything in the screen fo Monday. Just hope I don't screw it up!

Kim, We didn't have any adjustments but the builder/owner did. He drew it out as planned then made suggestions. Such as dropping the elevated spa to flush so the waterfall stands out more & creating a series of steps down into the spa to make it easier to get in and out. As well as putting a walk up edge in the spa where the spillover is instead of bench seating. We also will move our weeping wall so that it wraps around the spa - and meets the waterfall.

I'm sooo excited!

I know! The only day they are closed is Sunday. I sent the designer a message asking her if she could update everything by Monday & didn't hear back. Luckily the owner is on the job site and I work from home- so I'll try to stay on top of it till I get it updated.

Please no rain!

Weather says clear Monday with rain coming Monday evening - Rain Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and so on, and so on

Sigh

They came and painted the outline on the yard today! I am so shocked! It seems WAY bigger than we had anticipated! I also did my first time-lapse using my surveillance system today. Hopefully you guys can see this! I can't figure out how to make it show up in my post - and make it clickable.

https://flic.kr/p/s7qZBi

This is usually the opposite of what people say, and make the mistake of expanding it in this stage. Then later being mortified when it's a more giant hole than they ever imagined once dug up. You have some good perspective there. :goodjob:

The only issue I am having now that I see it laid out - is I didn't want any concrete behind the pool - (on the backside) I wanted just weeping wall and spa. But I am pretty sure I am going to need to add a LOT more weeping wall to make that happen. More money, more money, more money. Ive gotta do some measurements today and see.

They are moving SO FAST!!!!
Here are a few pics - yesterday we threw up a fence so my dogs could still access some of the yard with the doggie door.

17160598567_a43a0ded89.jpg
[/url]Untitled by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

17180198098_76a0528bd5.jpg

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
SWEET! So glad it has started. Too funny about talking him into getting onto the house. NOW you have to keep him from getting up there to jump into the poo when it is done!

Love the drink! Don't give any to the crew until they are done for the day!

Kim

I'm amazed at these guys with the rebar. They are bending it by hand - 2 pieces at a time. I had no idea how they would do it - but that is seriously pretty cool.

Yes - I am scared to death my nephew will do something stupid!!!!

OK - here are some pics I took after the crews left last night. So they aren't the best. They finished the excavation AND the rebar!!! The plumbers are here today working in the rain. LOTS of rain. It is like they don't even notice it. Wow.

17374985935_58f058e0f7.jpg

17187351590_95255c876c.jpg

We made some changes to the spa at the last minute (like the morning of the dig) and the rebar people didn't have it on their pictures. They asked me and I TRIED to explain. The supervisor called and talked to them - but it was so late the PB called me and said that they would fix the rebar when they come out to do the gunite. Their should be a step down into the spa - and no wall for the spa there - the wall should be between the spa and the tanning ledge. If that makes sense. I LOVE my PB (so far) he tells me exactly how they are going to fix it and calms me down and ensures me that it will be perfect when we are done!

17188650519_a0e4b94b63.jpg
This back part is the base for the mossrock waterfall into the spa!

17348940896_82972e144a.jpg

The tanning ledge is HUGE - hubby came out and said - what exactly is that? I said - remember how I said I wanted a really big tanning ledge and you said "whatever you want baby" :) He responded with - well, I didn't realize it was going to be 1/2 the pool, but if its what you want . . . Gotta love him!

17374613471_c4bb18006c.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.