Broken skimmer weir tab

No, the weir is fine and easy to replace (Admiral 8" #850015). The problem is the attachment point between the weir and the skimmer box: The weir hinge has holes that engage pins on the skimmer box. Apparently the pins are plastic and can just snap off and disappear.

I'm realizing now I can probably find a threaded cam pin the right diameter and drill it into the skimmer box if there's no less kludgy fix.

There must be standards for metals to be used in saltwater pools. I've seen other weirs with exposed metal pins. I only have to buy one pin, so I can pay up for whatever alloy or metal won't need constant replacement (which run-of-the-mill stainless certainly will!).

Well I did find that Pentair sells replacement plastic tabs for this style skimmer (part #85017500). The weird thing is that nobody in their company has any idea how these should be attached to the skimmer inlet body after an original one breaks off. This tab does fit the weir, but it looks like the inlet body would have to be precisely drilled and cut to receive the mini tab, and then some compatible adhesive used.
watermark.axd

After checking with every tech in their call center the rep I got gave up and suggested "ask a local pool company." Brilliant... :confused:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.