first slam

WELL WELL, I wondered when I would get a reply from the "Great Canadian" Yes you absolutely did tell me AND you were absolutely correct!!! Couldnt have done it without you, THANKS AGAIN!!BTW if your ever in the area stop by and we will have a beer poolside :wave: Now if you will excuse me I am going outside to admire my pool.

ok, NEXT... Backwashed again brushed the pool and swept. I added about 3 inches of water just to top off and also bring chlorine levels down a bit. Before the SLAM my ph came in at 7.5 and TA around 200. After adding the water I lost a bit of my sparkle at the deep end. Maybe from the hard water? So my question is , do I need some metal & stain control due to the well water or should I just leave well enough alone for now. ( I have vowed not to do anything I am unsure about untill I post )

I'm a firm believer in if it ain't broke don't fix it. Why do you think you have a metals problem? Do you have stains? Cloudy water isn't necessarily a metals problem with as much water as you added.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ok. The chlorine is still pretty high at 22 (just tested) do i need to wait untill they come done to get accurate results on TA & PH? I guess I thought metals could be a problem because my hardness test levels were around 200 which I thought may be coming from using well water to top off the pool. If Im not on the right path with that thinking by all means let me know.

BTW, Its not extremely cloudy by no means, I just got use to the crazy sparkle. (I guess i want perfection now!!)

Do you have any deposits that form in your bathroom around the sinks, drains, or in the toilets? If so, sometimes that will help you determine if you have metals issues.

I know the water district here needs to provide a test report each year that lists the results of their testing but it is at a single point in the system and may not match your local results. If they have high metals in that report, I would start there in your testing.

well? I guess I missed that... That will teach me to read so many threads in a day.

Based on what I read here, if you don't have metal stains or deposits in high consumption areas like faucets and toilets, then you don't normally need to be concerned about it in your pool.

The only one affected by a high FC is the pH, IIRC.

I have a simple life with my vinyl AG pool, the levels stay solid and I don't have high CA or metals. I have only needed to add MA once this year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.