first slam

Leave it for now. It'll drift down a bit on it's own depending on the TA of your fill water.

The only reason to lower immediately is if you decide you are having to add acid to often to keep your pH down. As long as your pH remains fairly stable, leave the TA alone.

Happy Monday All!! :-D Great weekend at the pool :swim: chlorine is still passing OCLT.!! yesterday I knew we would be swimming so I raised the chlorine to 13. By the end of the day it was at 5 so I lost 8ppm. Does this seem to sound like the norm?? i thought it seemed a bit much but not sure.

Depending on the number of swimmers, that is a bit much.

Are you doing each chlorine test by continuing to add drops until there is NO further color change....then subtracting the last drop?

If not, that could throw off the accuracy of your test.

well I do keep an accurate count untill the water turns completely white BUT I have not been subtracting the last drop. Having said that, I dont think it would have that much of an effect since I still done both test the same?? HMM just got the pool perfect, should I be concerned??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
my OCLT was perfect last night after I added. I did have a little one who may have had a little oopsie. Shes usually really good but she is only 3 :splash: Weather was partly sunny 80s. i am curious as to how much I use today with same weather conditions but no swimmers.
CYA 70

The urine and other debris would consume some FC. How much? i will let an expert chime in on that.
I would say you had a high consumption day. An OCLT would confirm if you have an issue.

I would add extra LC and move on unless if proves to be a repeat event.

Hi All. Well I passed OCLT again last night although lost 5 ppm during the day. There were no swimmers. Not sure if I mentioned that the pool is in full sun all day. I seem to have mispalced my reagent for doing the CC test. If I am not losing any overnight is there still a possibility that I may have CC? I have re-ordered a bottle but it will be a few days.

:wave: Hello fellow forum friends. Back for a bit of advise . TA has been on the high side for awhile. it was suggested that I leave it if I wasn't having PH drift, well it seems as if the PH is now drifting up toward 7.8 once a week or so. I have added MA several times but it keeps drifting upward. What would be the best course of action here?
CYA 60
FC 7 CC 0
PH 7.8
TA 190
CH 280

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.