What is this gas line connector called?

Jun 6, 2012
I got this image from another website. I need the exact connector in the picture, but I can't find a name for it. The part that is connected to the polyethylene gas pipe.

Attachments

• pipe.jpg
    pipe.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 88
Yep, looks like a transition fitting to me as well. The piping at the top of your pic (the short straight pipe connected to the 90 degree female elbow) appears to be black iron pipe, which is commonly used in gas lines. Here's another pic of a PE to cast iron transition fitting: http://www.transitions-fittings.unidelta.it/27_card_product.asp?id=40&id_categ=8

Echo what ps0303 stated about hiring a licensed pro if you do not have prior experience and training working with gas lines. There are definitely times when hiring a pro can save $ in the long run. A friend of mine hooked up a pool/spa heater and did not install a safety that turns off the heater when the pump is turned off. One day (after shutting off the pump) he did not turn off the heater and it kept heating the water trapped in the unit. It literally blew up. Not only did he have to purchase a new heater but had to have the collateral damage repaired as well. That was an expensive lesson for him to learn. Fortunately, no one was injured.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.