Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cal-Hypo

1. Back To Top    #1

Cal-Hypo

Would anyone know how much ch a pound of Cal-Hypo adds to 10K gallons? It is 48% strength.
    5450 gallon 18' Intex Easy Set, Dynamo 3/4 hp 2 speed pump, 200# sand filter, Intex swcg, k-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    1 lb of 48% cal-hypo adds 4 ppm of CH to 10,000 gallons.

This, and many other similar mysteries, can be discovered using my Pool Calculator (see the link in my signature).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks so much Jason. I tried the pool calculator and couldn't figure out how to do this. Perhaps I'm still using the old one.

Thanks again.
    5450 gallon 18' Intex Easy Set, Dynamo 3/4 hp 2 speed pump, 200# sand filter, Intex swcg, k-2006 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4
    The most recent version is at http://www.poolcalculator.com/. Down at the bottom is a section called "Effects of adding chemicals". Set it to 10,000 gallons at the top, and then add 16 oz of 48% cal-hypo in the Effects of adding chemicals section and it shows "will raise FC by 5.7 and raise CH by 4".
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Very cool 8) 8) .

Thanks again.