2016 bleach prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walmart.com still lists the price at $2.50. I was able to get the bottles in the store for that price by just showing the web page with the $2.50 price even though it was listed at $3.64 on the shelf. I just picked up 8 bottles with a 184 code so should be pretty fresh.

My walmart just moved it outside to the garden center. I guess that signals the end of pool season. I find it interesting as I've got at least through September and possibly a little into October before I have to turn my heater on to take the chill off. Yet all the pool stuff has been moved outside to the Garden center.

If WM stuff gets moved outdoors, it will be like 6% pretty fast. Just bought 4 Target Up brand, $2.69 (after 10% Cartwheel and card discount). An indoor 180 date will probably be closer to 8% than an outdoor 10%.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

WalMart.com had Pool Essentials Liquid Chlorinator online yesterday at a Roll Back of $2.50 per gallon (10%)

In the store it's 3.64 per gallon, which is the normal price.

This morning I headed to the store in McKinney, TX to see if they'd honor the roll back online. When I got there and pulled it up on my phone, wm.com had reverted back to full price of 3.64. The lady was very nice and gave me the $2.50 price anyway.

Bought 12 gallons....by the way, in McKinney, TX they still have it stored indoors which is good.

For those of you in the Toledo, Ohio area D&R Pool Supplies fills gallon bottles of 13-15% from a supply brought in weekly. A case of 4 is around $13 and there is a deposit on the bottles/tote.

It's nice not filling my recycle bins with bottles over and over and not having to worry about shelf life.

While I've certainly been enjoying the pool considering the consecutive 90 degree days we've had, the dream of storing these in a small garden shed quickly faded. I don't mind adjusting the pool nightly but it takes longer to walk around to the garage than it does to measure and pour.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Interesting. I drive past Toledo each week in the summer. Is there an option to not use their bottles?

I can't say for sure but I'd be surprised. They seem to have it down to a system. They see refillables and disposables. The refillables are already filled so they just take your old empties and quickly swap you with filled containers.

However, if you were interested in filling a much larger container that you brought, perhaps it would be worth it to them. In any case I'd recommend calling them to find out your options.

I ended up using PoolMath at 15% to calculate volume and even then I shot way over my chlorine target. I must have picked up a very fresh batch.

For pool owners in the Toronto area the best source I've found is Pioneer Pools with multiple outlets. They refill 10 litre jugs with 10.5% for Cad$5.99. There is a $10 deposit on the jugs but they last forever. That converts to about Cad$2.25/gallon (US$1.70). Good price and they sell a lot of it so it's always pretty fresh. The store I use has a drive through so you don't have to lug the jugs out of the store to your car.

My local pool supply store in the Philly suburbs (I think most of their business is pool service as it's just a little shop with mostly repair parts and chemicals) has 5 gallon returnable jugs for $18.01. I'm pretty sure it's 12.5% or 13%. I go through 1 a week with the weather we are having.

Just noticed by chlorine tank is down to 2 gallons, yikes, time to stock up! Cheapest I can find in Austin is Target $2.72 after 10% discount. Pool stores are 2x that. Wish WM was back at $2.50 (although last time I looked the date codes were at least 2 months old).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.