Queen Creek/Gilbert AZ: Where to buy liquid chlorine?

May 4, 2024
Queen Creek, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m trying to find the best place to buy liquid chlorine here in the Queen Creek/Gilbert area. Apologies if there is a recent thread about this subject, I’ve searched and haven’t found one.

So far the best places I’ve found are Shoppers Supply and Home Depot which both sell 2 gallons of 10% for $12. I called around a few pool specialty stores and their prices were much higher. Walmart and Lowe’s are higher as well. Hat tip to the Pool Math app for calculating price per oz.

I saw discussion in an older thread about HASA dealers, but their local dealers, Superior and Cloud, are both wholesale only.

So far it seems Shoppers Supply is the best, especially since they keep their product indoors. Anywhere else you all recommend?

LC is hit and miss all over AZ. Walmart may have better prices as the season wears on. It’s basically just a game of price shopping and looking for deals when they pop up.

Do yourself a favor and invest in a salt water chlorine generator for your pool … then you won’t ever have to ask about LC prices again.

Reactions: MyBikeIsAwesome
Do yourself a favor and invest in a salt water chlorine generator for your pool … then you won’t ever have to ask about LC prices again.
Thanks for the recommendation. I don’t know enough about SWCGs to make a decision. Given my pool is less than a year old, would such a switch make financial sense or require me to do away with any of the equipment already installed?

Besides the ones you and Matt mentioned, there aren't many other options.
Have you checked at Tractor Supply (Ellsworth north of Riggs) or at pressure washing suppliers.

A SWG makes a lot of sense and will pay for itself in a few years.
Tell us more about your pool by filling out your signature with pool, pool equipment (including manufacturers and model numbers) and test kit info. Be specific.

Also, change your location to the city you live in. Makes it easier to point you to local suppliers.

Have you checked at Tractor Supply (Ellsworth north of Riggs) or at pressure washing suppliers.
I've not checked there, but will take a look and post prices here for posterity :)

A SWG makes a lot of sense and will pay for itself in a few years.
Tell us more about your pool by filling out your signature with pool, pool equipment (including manufacturers and model numbers) and test kit info. Be specific.
Done, thanks. I use TF-Pro.

Also, change your location to the city you live in. Makes it easier to point you to local suppliers.
Please see the thread title and my initial post. I've updated my profile to a suburb of Phoenix, but the area I'm interested in is Queen Creek/Gilbert area.

Long term you're best best is a SWG.
We recommemd a SWG at least 2 times your pool volume. In AZ, maybe 3 times the volume.
Since it appears your pool doesn't have automation, something like the Circupool RJ45+ would work well.

With the present promotion, you look the RJ30+ and the $10 upgrade option to the RJ45+ - so it's about $1200 total.
No rush - they usually run a similar promo.

Post a few pictures of your equipment pad from a few different angles and we can suggest mounting options.

Reactions: MyBikeIsAwesome