2016 bleach prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoaringRam

Jul 6, 2016
Mebane/NC
Here in NC I found 10% bleach at Walmart for $2.50. It's listed as "Rollback" so I don't expect the price to stay for long. Surprisingly, they had plenty of bottles available.

IMG_0597.jpg

nlindelldc

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 21, 2015
South Texas
I checked our WalMart here yesterday. Went from $2.50 to $3.64. The ironic thing is that I had been buying that stuff 4 and 5 jugs at a time, and I literally just switched to SWG and don't need any. But wanted to check the price out of curiosity.

Cinic

Silver Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
Tempe, AZ
The local Fry's (aka Kroger elsewhere) has Kemtek 10% LC @ 2 gallons for $4.99 right now. Date code here was 16147. Not the newest, but it's stored indoors at room temperature.

sigep739

Jun 28, 2016
Sacramento
There is a pool store out in Sacramento that is selling 12.5%, 4-1 gallon jugs of HASA for 12. $3 a gallon for that concentration seems great to me. Walmart also raised 10% to 3.64

RonsPlc

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 31, 2015
Gaylesville, AL
Well, I just found the BEST price for bleach in my area!
12.5% for 2.273/gallon ... but the catch is that I have to buy 55 gallons of it to get that price.
Check out the suppliers in your area that take care of the pressure washer chemicals, fresh 12.5% bleach at a great price.
I will be picking this up!

camueller

May 11, 2016
Troy IL
12.5% for 2.273/gallon ... but the catch is that I have to buy 55 gallons of it to get that price.
Check out the suppliers in your area that take care of the pressure washer chemicals, fresh 12.5% bleach at a great price.
I was just reading another thread talking about pressure washer chemical dealers, and they said the other downside is that the bleach they have is typically actually manufactured as 15%, and expected to degrade to 12.5% by the time it gets to the consumer.

I was happy with my $2.50 10% walmart liquid chlorine until my walmart raised the price. In addition to that, I read another thread on here of someone who had used that walmart chlorine and then switched back to their normal store brand 8.25% stuff, and the family noticed that they had dry skin problems with the 10%, but not the other. I've been having stinging eyes issues all season, and I've been using that walmart 10% stuff all season. As soon as I run out of it in my bucket, I'm going to refill with clorox I got from Sam's and see if my eyes feel better.

seedlings

Jul 5, 2016
Saint Joseph, MO
My buddy has a window, siding and roof cleaning business. He sells me this 12.5% at his cost if $2/gal. Whenever I need another 10gal, he pumps it out of the 55gal into a manageable container. Good stuff! I add 16oz per day the last 3 days.

CHAD

phenol red

May 24, 2016
Twin Cities, MN
For those in the north Twin Cities metro, I just discovered "The Swimmin Hole" in Fridley that sells 13-15% manufactured on a weekly basis for $3.60/gal with a deposit for either 2.5 or 5 gallon carboys.

bper

May 2, 2015
Phx, AZ
The local Fry's (aka Kroger elsewhere) has Kemtek 10% LC @ 2 gallons for $4.99 right now. Date code here was 16147. Not the newest, but it's stored indoors at room temperature.
Thanks I'm going to check out Fry's now that walmart is back up to $3.65

Staggers

Jul 28, 2015
Belton, TX
Central Texas Wal-Mart has moved their price of the 10% back to $3.64. However, at that price it's the same cost per ppm of chlorine (within a penny) as the Great Value brand of concentrated chlorine at 8.25%.

I think I was buying at Sam's before but the Clorox brand of 8.25% was still over $3/gal even buying in bulk. This 10% is still the best around ... Date of 180's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

joshua5438

Mar 15, 2016
Easley, SC
I just went to local Walmart. It was $3.64 gallon, online shows it as rollback (out of stock). I talked to a few employees and they said to show the online price of $2.50 and they will match it. Just bought 12 gallons at $2.50 each with a date code of 172. I am happy with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.