2016 bleach prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn. Last time I looked it was $3.50 so I went to the bleach section and just bought 5 gallons of 8.25% at $2.94 each! arrrrrgh. I came home today to a green pool again. Twice this month. The pinch-a-penny was already closed so I ran to Walmart.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
b7a68470ee8671554d59b01d86c95fb1.jpg

I found these 10% for $2.50 a gallon at Walmart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out A&M Corsons on NE corner of Warner and McQueen. $14.99 for 4 gallons of 12.5%. Refillable gallon jugs - $6.00 deposit on 4 jugs with carrying crate, refunded upon return. I've been using this for a year and a half and have always gotten fresh stock. They have another location at Alma School and Elliot (NE corner). 23.4 cents per effective ounce.

Also, Walmart had 10% "Chlorinating Liquid" for $2.50/gallon. Price was reduced from $3.64. Date codes showed 16063 (63rd day of 2016) for the stuff I bought, so was pretty fresh stock. 19.5 cents per effective ounce.

I'm gonna check out A&M Coroson's because its priced the best for what I can find.

I too am in Chandler and have not seen the 10% Chlorinating Liquid in my local Walmart store (Chandler Blvd and the 202) and their website shows that no stores in the area stock it. Which Walmart did you go to that had it?

I'm gonna check out A&M Coroson's because its priced the best for what I can find.

I too am in Chandler and have not seen the 10% Chlorinating Liquid in my local Walmart store (Chandler Blvd and the 202) and their website shows that no stores in the area stock it. Which Walmart did you go to that had it?

Yeah - website has shown out of stock for two weeks. The Walmart at San Tan had it last week (Williams Field and 202). Maybe call around to different ones. Did you look by the pool supplies. Some have reported it's on an end cap. Others reported that price listed was $3.64, but price charged at register was $2.50. If/when you do find it, if price isn't $2.50 just ask them to price match it.

As for A&M Corson's - I've been getting chlorine and acid there for about a year and a half. Sometimes they have coupons - buy 3, get one free on the chlorine.

Anyone found decent prices on Chlorine in the Phoenix Arizona area? Last year I was buying from NPS pool supply in Chandler for $5.00 for 2 gallons of 10%. Looks like that deal is dead since Leslie's Pool Supply bought them out recently :mad:.

Check out A&M Corsons on NE corner of Warner and McQueen. $14.99 for 4 gallons of 12.5%. Refillable gallon jugs - $6.00 deposit on 4 jugs with carrying crate, refunded upon return. I've been using this for a year and a half and have always gotten fresh stock. They have another location at Alma School and Elliot (NE corner). 23.4 cents per effective ounce.

Also, Walmart had 10% "Chlorinating Liquid" for $2.50/gallon. Price was reduced from $3.64. Date codes showed 16063 (63rd day of 2016) for the stuff I bought, so was pretty fresh stock. 19.5 cents per effective ounce.

I'm wondering what will happen with NPS as well... the same 2gal that has been $4.99 is $7.99. I think it was on sale May-Oct last year and was the best price I found. I'm currently doing the refill jugs as well. $16.50/4gal/15% from One Stop Pool Shop in N Phx, but I've found it to be closer to 12%. Don't like buying things at WM but I will if that's the price through the summer and available near me.

Checked Walmart in Findlay, OH. Shock wasn't on sale, still cost $3.64/gal.

Drove 30 miles to the nearest Rural King. Cases of 4gal, 10% for $8 (also had single gallons for $2.50)

Liquid Shock 4 Gallons LC4 by Twinco Romax for $7.99 in Pool Care - Pools Boats and Accessories - Sporting Goods : Rural King

Thank you to razor and goober! Good call on Rural King. We have a new store a mile away but I've never been in it. I guess I'm a customer now! I've been buying Clorox at Costco trying to bide my time until the Menards BOGO sale arrives.

Case comes with 4 gallons 12.5 %. If you buy 5 cases its $11 a case. I asked pool store for liquid chlorine and they call it shock. Sodium chloride
Dated 4/16/2016

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 195
Case comes with 4 gallons 12.5 %. If you buy 5 cases its $11 a case. I asked pool store for liquid chlorine and they call it shock. Sodium chloride
Dated 4/16/2016

I don't think that would shock a pool unless you had an overactive SWG. Just kidding. Did you mean sodium hypochlorite?

Wal-Mart College Station TX 10% is still $2.50 mis marked $3.56/gal. Most of it is marked 16036 date code. I pulled out a little marked 16056. It is working pretty close to what pool math predicts so it appears to have been stored in amiable conditions.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.