1st time pool owner in PA

Cbardell157

Jul 24, 2020
Tyrone, Pa
Hello everyone. We just bought our first above ground pool. It’s a used one but in good shape. The pool is up And we are ready to install the new liner. It’s a beaded liner, are there any step by step videos on how to properly install the liner, including cutting the holes for the skimmer and the return? Thanks for any suggestions.

Greetings from Central PA! I am surprised to not find any comments on your initial post. :( I happen to come across your post by searching "skimmer installation". We plan on erecting our new AGP this weekend and plan on having water delivered on Monday. Perhaps you can help me.....my question is....is it okay to install the skimmer without water being in the pool yet? A video I watched said to fill the pool half way, then install skimmer before completely filling it. I don't think a water delivery guy is gonna wait till we have this skimmer installed to finish filling, will he?

Greetings from Central PA! I am surprised to not find any comments on your initial post. :( I happen to come across your post by searching "skimmer installation". We plan on erecting our new AGP this weekend and plan on having water delivered on Monday. Perhaps you can help me.....my question is....is it okay to install the skimmer without water being in the pool yet? A video I watched said to fill the pool half way, then install skimmer before completely filling it. I don't think a water delivery guy is gonna wait till we have this skimmer installed to finish filling, will he?
You want to wait until there is water in the pool to install the skimmer and return. I would have them fill to below the skimmer and then fill the rest of the way with a hose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.