18 years of Baqua..UPDATE! Swapped 8/15 NOW WITH PHOTOS!

Re: 18 years of Baqua..UPDATE! Swapped 8/15 NOW WITH PHOTOS

LMAO

Nonono Pandora the app. I think it was on a George Strait station at the time. Pandora the group is too heavy for me. I'm more of a Creed/ Kid Rock sort of rocker. Still can't find the brush however. :) Guess that gonna be a new test to see to the bottom.

Crud!! I'm out of pepsi! Gonna go to dinner with my wife and give the pump a break. Should also let the floaters sink for the vacume cleaner.

I've got photos....just can't upload from my phone.

5pm
Fc 13
Cc 8

Wonder what would happen if I toss some Baquacil sanatizer in now??

DIAL-UP DIE!!

Fingers day 3
Fingers_day_3.JPG

Cleaning out the vacuum bag
vacume.JPG

BLEACH PARTY!!
Pool_Party_.JPG

Steps on day 3 at around noon
steps_day_3_noonish.JPG

Pool day 3 at around noon
pool_day_3_noonish.JPG

Steps on day 3 at around 3pm
Steps_day_3_3ish.JPG

Pool on day 3 at around 3pm
pool_day_3_3ish.JPG

Steps on day 3 at around 5pm
Steps_day_3_5ish.JPG

Pool on day 3 at around 5pm
pool_day_3_5ish.JPG

Steps on day 3 at around 8pm
steps_day_3_8ish.JPG

Pool on day 3 at around 8pm.....this photo stinks!
pool_day_3_8ish.JPG

I think I made some progress today. Turned off the pump for the night due to worrying about the pump leaking/losing it's prime, both of which we've had problems with in the past. Going to hit it again in the morning with running the pump and vacuum again.

8pm test....Both after letting the pump sit while I ate. :D
FC 9
CC 8

Nope....still can't focus.
Lay off of me, it is a phone you know. Lmao

10am day

FC 6
Cc 8

I'm able to see the bottom and I must say...ewwwwww

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Good job Leebo, you're making progress! It looks like you've went from brown to light greenish blue. Keep that FC up and it won't take much longer now. What did your in-laws think of the color show? Did they freak out? Just wait, you will be their hero in a few days!

Back from shopping for the week (with the exception of bleach) and hitting it again. Made more progress while I was away. Can now clearly see the shallow end, and make out the vacuum in the deep.

Fc 4.5
Cc 7

Added 3 gallons and pulled up a chair. Talked to the pool store again and they returned the Baquacil I had left. $65 store credit, which I turned into some ph minus and cyaburic acid. Plus of coarse a new brush, which was the reason I was there in the first place.

As for the in-laws. My father-in-law whos pool is his baby was to scared to watch the show. He's now out here daily watching it clear up saying "good job boy". My brother-in-law who swears this is un-needed as the one shocking of cal hypo doesn't know I'm doing this. I'm sure he'll hate me for a few weeks, then start asking about a SWG and sand filter. Too bad I want to stay with DE.

Alright....time for a break for awhile. Going to let the sun go down some before going out again later tonight. This will be my last day hitting the pool often, as I've gotta work this weekend. I'm going to have my wife dump in 2 jugs of bleach a day, plus I'm going to check it each night after work. Then I'll hit it as hard as I can again next weekend between getting my daughter ready to start school.

My question is to follow......I've been passing on the PH test as I know it's wayyyyyyy to high. Since I'll be at work all weekend, and not doing much with the pool, should I go ahead and try to lower the levels now or wait till Monday when I am closer to the end?? My levels of FC and CC still show I've got away to go, but I know that a lower PH should help some. I've got the dry acid to lower it, but don't want to waste it if the levels will just go sky high again.

Pool day 4 10am
pool_day_4_10am.JPG

Vacuum day 4 10am
vacuum_day_4_10am.JPG

steps day 4 10am
Steps_day_4_10am.JPG

Pool day 4 1pm
pool_day_4_1pm.JPG

Steps day 4 1pm
Steps_day_4_1pm.JPG

Pool day 4 3pm
pool_day_4_3pm.JPG

Steps day 4 3pm
Steps_day_4_3pm.JPG

Remember the pH test becomes unreliable when the FC is above 10. Since you're shocking you may be way over that. If so, I wouldn't put any stock in that test result. I can't speak to your other question, someone with more experience will have to answer that.

Well it passed MY first test. Found the brush in the deep end by sight. :)

First test at 7pm
FC 6
Cc 5.5

Test at 7:15 after a shock
Fc 15.5
Cc 5.5
Ph 8.2ish maxed out on this one
Ta 160
Ch 240 (man I wish I used cal hypo)
Cya 1,000

Now my question. I plan on having my wife dump in one jug of bleach each day this weekend, then I'll test and fully shock it each night after I get off work. During this down time should I have her also scrub the ladder, toys, and anything else that's touched Baquacil or will it all be dead by now?

I'll have her mix up some water-bleach solution and get to scrubbing. :D When I left the pool tonight it was as clean as it's been all year almost. I'll bet by tomorrow at about noon the water will be cleaner than when I started. My wife even made the statement, "I've swam in it with it looking like this". Keep in mind my CC levels is still over 5. EWWWWW

Now here's your hourly photo tease. Gonna have to hold on till Monday now.......Should be sparkling by then. :D

Fingers on day 4. This is as clean by FAR as they've been all year. The jets from the filter fire the water all the way across the pool and even "ripple" on the opposite side for the first time since....well......since ever. I've read Baquacil "clogs" the fingers up some, and so far the bleach seems to have helped. You can still see the "baby poop" leftover some from the DE on the container.
Fingers_day_4.JPG

I wonder why I HATE Baquacil even more now? Keep in mind this is after almost 60 gallons of bleach, and 3 days of shocking. I'm sure there's still some Baquacil in there.....but no way is there this much?
Test_Strips.JPG

Steps day 4 8pm
Steps_day_4_8pm.JPG

Pool day 4 8pm
pool_day_4_8pm.JPG

Almost ready. I'll bet you at least one person will ask this weekend if it's OK to swim in yet.
ready.JPG

Now the bad thing with the swap is now I've got even more work for me to do. Some stupid idiot turned on the underwater light at the start of the year with-out it underwater. It burnt out right away. We've went all year without one, and now that the water is almost clear, guess what they want replaced. I hate working with those bolts underwater. As for the stupid idiot..... :wave:

Woo Hooo!!! Looking up man!! If she will be there adding bleach anyway, why not have your wife continue the shocking while you are out? Man this is great. Im starting to enjoy these as much as the under contruction threads. Fun for us....maybe for you.......not so much. :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.