Pool Reno....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not entirely sure what is next on the list. They will be sandblasting the final wall today, then I have no idea what’s next.

Still a ton to do. There’s the cutting the top foot off the pool, forming, pouring concrete, setting tiles, new skimmers, plastering. There is the new plumbing, lighting and most importantly, digging the hole for the new spa! (And of course putting it in place). And to top it all off, the new deck.

Estimated timeline is 2 months - I wish it was quicker!!

3037B622-80EC-49FC-94B8-2228C17717AC.jpg

And the dog wishes it was done too!

39C97A86-0331-4327-93AC-AA8DD4B2FEEE.jpg

And the sandblasting is complete!! It was a long day with the guys starting at 9:30 and ending a few minutes ago at 6:45 (they just wanted to get it done). The neighbours are also VERY happy that the sandblasting noise is done too.

Can't wait to see what the plans are for Monday's work.

September 14 | Nest

i noticed you said sand blasted to remove the paint. was it epoxy painted before? i am getting almost as much work done as you next year, but im not getting it sandblasted. i have thought about it though. its just that the sand blasting alone is another 2-3k PLUS that makes the resurface job cost even more.

Sandblasting in for the win!!!!

Kim:kim:

kimkats knows i can definitely appreciate this renovation LOLOLOL!!! it is giving me a lot of hope! i love seeing these beautifies revived. i am looking forward to starting my renovation when the weather breaks next year. i cant wait!

i noticed you said sand blasted to remove the paint. was it epoxy painted before? i am getting almost as much work done as you next year, but im not getting it sandblasted. i have thought about it though. its just that the sand blasting alone is another 2-3k PLUS that makes the resurface job cost even more.

The pool was last painted with Smart Seal Dura Seal epoxy paint in the spring of 2013. It was great for the first couple of years, then started to oxidize and get very chalky. After a pool full of people the water would look like we had rinced a ton of paint brushes in the water. With all of the work we are having done, we figured we might as well go all in and sandblast the old paint out of there as it was recommended by the PB before starting to install the Marbelite.

The pool was last painted with Smart Seal Dura Seal epoxy paint in the spring of 2013. It was great for the first couple of years, then started to oxidize and get very chalky. After a pool full of people the water would look like we had rinced a ton of paint brushes in the water. With all of the work we are having done, we figured we might as well go all in and sandblast the old paint out of there as it was recommended by the PB before starting to install the Marbelite.

exactly. i dont think you have a choice when it comes to epoxy painted pools. i think they have to be sandblasted for the bond coat. my buddy works on water towers. welds them and paints the inside of the towers with top notch paint. he wanted me to paint my pool with some of that paint, and he said he can get it for free lol. he said it lasts a ridiculously long time. i believe him too since water towers sit with water in them for a long time, but i'm sure i'm gonna go with pebble lol. i have never heard of marbelite. im gonna have to look at it. i wonder if thats close to hydrazzo. hydrazzo is marble i think. i totally understand when it comes to all the work youre getting done. you want to make it done right, to your liking, and get the best bang for your buck! bringing back these monsters isnt cheap, but its extremely worth it.

Welcome to Wednesday. Monday was an "off" day for the group and yesterday wouldn't have been a very exciting video (day was spent cleaning up sandblasting gunk). Today's work included getting rid of the old diving board base (its going to cost me an arm and a leg for this part of the job!!) and work started on the skimmers and other stuff too (not exactly sure, will find out more when I get home later). Here is the video for the day:

September 19 | Nest

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.