New Build - Central NJ (8/9 START)

Yosh

Gold Supporter
May 30, 2018
NJ
Hi all, we're finally set with our dig start date of August 9th weather permitting. Wanted to thank everyone that has answered my questions and provided my guidance from the start of this process to now. I will be updating with as many pictures as possible as we progress with install.
If you have 56K or DSL internet, please be patient. LOL!::epds::

Also just became a supporter. This will sure pay for the many more questions I will have to keep this pool in great condition. I have my TF100 XL Kit (which I will most likely have questions later on), Dolphin S200 ready for when the time comes. Wish I knew someone from this forum that lives near Howell, NJ to see how they use their test kit. I know there are online videos but they seem outdated to me.

Once I have increased attachment space, i'll post drawings and pics.

Wish I knew someone from this forum that lives near Howell, NJ to see how they use their test kit. I know there are online videos but they seem outdated to me.

Yosh, I am about 2 hours North of you. If you find you really need help we can arrange a road trip someday once your pool is up and running.

Practice the test on your tap water and consider getting the Standard Solutions to practice on for the tests you find difficult.

Allen, that’s really awesome of you! Really appreciate it. I may take you up on the offer. I’ll pay for your fuel and your time. Jut really nervous about keeping pool clear TFP method. Just had an Intex that I never did anything to it but keep tabs in pump skimmer for 3 years. Other than the pH being really low, the water was always crystal clear. But now I have to make sure all measurable parameters are up to requirements.

I don't see a SWG on your signature equipment list. I think a SWG makes a pool truly trouble free. With a SWG you just buy all your CL upfront. It will pay for itself over time.

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing it come to life. You're relatively close also (within a couple hours) - maybe next year we could do a TFP NE pool tour :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I really contemplated on getting SWG, but after back and forth we decided not to. It was highly recommended here and one of our friends. Cost was a factor I think.

- - - Updated - - -

TFP NE tour sounds like a great idea!

Testing really isn’t all that difficult. I usually only run two tests every few days and the others don’t change much on a month to month basis.

I run through the FC test, which is adding a couple scoops of the stuff and then counting drops until it goes clear. And, the PH is also pretty easy - fill tube, add 5 drops, and compare colors. The only difficult one seems to be the cya because it isn’t an exact science.

The other tests don’t change much over time, but it’s important to keep an eye on them. I test them every other week but at least once per month.

Good luck. You can do it. Just put crud upfront time in and u will be off and running. This is coming from a guy who thought a return was the skimmer. And a return was a jet thingy.

Can i I be part of the ne pool tour even though I’m in pa? :) this place is so much the southern crowd but lately I feel like us pa, nj, ct, and ny crowd has grown a bit. Lol

Good luck. You can do it. Just put crud upfront time in and u will be off and running. This is coming from a guy who thought a return was the skimmer. And a return was a jet thingy.

Can i I be part of the ne pool tour even though I’m in pa? :) this place is so much the southern crowd but lately I feel like us pa, nj, ct, and ny crowd has grown a bit. Lol

This is peak Northeast pool season. The Northeast crowd goes into hibernation from November through March. There is a Southern contigent for who pools are a 12 month addiction.

I would definitely like to see something setup like a tour/meet in the future. PA is welcomed :)

I'm right down the road from you in Jackson. Few folks on here from the area that are very helpful.

Had above ground pools my entire life until we built our inground last fall. First year with the TFP kit and crystal clear water all season with minimal effort (I do have a swg though).

Let me know if you have any questions or need anything. Congrats on the new pool!

It is TOMORROW!!!! Are they there yet???? LOL

The tests are easy once you overcome your worry and start doing them. I was SO worried I bought the test kit BEFORE I ordered the pool to make sure I could do it!!!! Once I did it I knew it would be easy from then on and ordered the pool! Just give yourself about 30 mins. of UNINTERRUPTED time so you can stop and read and reread as you work through them the first time. Now??????? I can get through a full run of tests in about 15 mins and that includes getting the water! The daily tests takes less than 5 mins and again that includes getting the water.

Kim:kim:

They are here way earlier than said. Supposed to be here at 8. It’s 6:30 am.
C0755F93-2018-437F-A2D5-C194AE34710F.jpgB2C1BD89-20E7-4B58-A93E-BFD09D38DC07.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you all so much for giving me confidence on this parameter testing. I’m sure I will have lots of questions. I should of been testing while I had the temp pool up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.