SWG salt light flashing

Flbeachluvr

Bronze Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Port Orange, FL
824597183a5ff18bef525b29c8aa68e9.jpg

Current readings. My salt light is flashing red. Cell was check just last week and was fine. The SWG says the salt level is low at 2600 but I test at 3400. New reagents. Should I just ignore the light?

Typically SWCG that are showing a salt level significantly lower than real means the cell is failing.

Caveats to that can be cold water (you do NOT have that).

I do not have any experience with a Blue Essence SWCG. Can your local pool store test it? How old is it?

The cell is the original that was installed in March of 2016. My chlorine level has been fine. If anything it’s a bit high so I know the cell is working, at least at this point.

Not sure if the local pool stores can test the cell but we sure have enough of them here. I only pop in to get MA.

The cell might be failing. If you're sure about the actual salinity, then the cell is probably close to failing. It's a smaller cell but you have a smaller pool. So, I would think that you should get at least 5 years. Try to verify the actual salinity with a different test, just to be sure. If the box is reading more than 800 ppm below actual salinity, then you probably need a new cell. Check for scale and clean if necessary. If you need a new cell, I would suggest a warranty claim.

The cell might be failing. If you're sure about the actual salinity, then the cell is probably close to failing. It's a smaller cell but you have a smaller pool. So, I would think that you should get at least 5 years. Try to verify the actual salinity with a different test, just to be sure. If the box is reading more than 800 ppm below actual salinity, then you probably need a new cell. Check for scale and clean if necessary. If you need a new cell, I would suggest a warranty claim.

I have another set of reagents and get the same number. On May 10 I was testing the salt at 2700 so I added 40 lbs of salt. At that time the SWG was also showing 2700. Do I need to reset something?

Cell was checked and cleaned last week even though I didn’t see any scale.

If I needed to file a warranty claim how would I do that? Through Hayward? My pool builder has cancer and is quite ill so I don’t want to both him.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Check the instant salinity and then move the switch to off for a few minutes and then move the switch back to auto and recheck all readings.

The instant salinity takes a few seconds to settle. So, wait until it stabilizes.

Check the instant salinity and then move the switch to off for a few minutes and then move the switch back to auto and recheck all readings.

The instant salinity takes a few seconds to settle. So, wait until it stabilizes.

I did try that and got the same readings. I’ll check it again tomorrow. We are predicted to get quite a bit of rain in the next few days due to TS Alberto so I might have to put this on the back burner for now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.